My New 214 RR with Pics

ok i will listen to David and Marc. i will put an elbo in the bulckhead. and raise the water level so it wont suck air and make that VOOOOOOOM sound. i will let yall know. thanks

Ok..... i'm selling the MAG 24 . getting either

1-Sequence ReefFlo Barracuda Water Pump 1200-3800gph - EXTERNAL

or

2- Dolphin AmpMaster 3000 External Pump

which one do i get ?

thanks

Why do you want a return pump with so much flow?

Your tank is a 214g. Following the rule that the flow through the sump should be 3x to 5x the display tank, you only need 642gph to 1070gph.

Moving too much water through the sump will result in noise and microbubbles in the display.

If you are wanting more flow in the DISPLAY tank, build a closed loop with a separate pump. The return pump really doesn't need to be supplying all the in-tank flow.

I had a Bad Pump i had to replace it with a new one since it was still under warranty. Sold the Mag 24 which was Brand new. got a new Dart Sequance Pump (3600 GPH) . Tell you something? this Pump you can not hear it at all . the MAG 5 make more noise that the Dart. i love it. very strong too , no heat at all. Finaly tank is very very Quite.

next step is more LR and fish...

thanks all for you help .

The Dart kicks A**!!! I love mine on my closed loop, the stupid POS Hammerhead on the other hand........

That thing sounds like an invasion :x

Try going to an acrylic (plexi glass) supply store.
They sell that stuff in all colors and in any size you want, that way you can remove it at any time.

Steve