Mossjer's 65 gal build/help me thread

Posted by: jenkinscrew?Lol...Nice! They look so good!You'll like watching them grow up. I watch mine swim around while I am in bed. My male one gets hyper active in the evening and swims all over the tank real fast. Seems like every fish has it's own personality : -)? ? said:
So far mine are very social. They aren't being mean but the firefish is not too amused with them?

?[quote="??? ? said:
I went to a lighting place and bought a sheet of "egg crate" with 1/2" holes.?? The sheets are 2' x 4' and were under $10.?? Same stuff people put frags on.? I understand SW Paradise sells them also.? Very easy to cut.? I made a cover out of them.? East to lift up for maintenance and you can just drop food right through them.? ?"]If I went that route it would completely defeat the purpose of having a rimless tank. And there is no way the wife would go for it. LOL

I like that and if I had a tank with a rim on it I would probably go for that. I just think the screen netting stuff would be much less noticeable. I'm still mulling it over. ??

Trying to institute a Sunday night maintenance schedule. All went well so far tonight. Did a water change, cleaned the skimmer cup, flushed out the overflow box, flipped the chaeto in the fuge.?Fish seem to be happy except that one cardinal who refuses to come out of the corner. Added 1 head hammer in today. At $5 I couldn't pass it up. I'll post pictures when it opens back up tomorrow. It was very happy earlier before the lights went down.Again all is well in my world, but that could all change tomorrow. LOL

Nice! I have been trying to spread all my duties out over the whole week so I only have to do a little at a time. You really have to plan these things around your life, its crazy! I just setup everything in my app and just look at every night to see what to do for that day lol.?I think I started with a hammer too :p?Good to all is doing well. :)

My canopy screen looks like Mike's but with a black frame. ?It looks nice and is very low profile. ?Let me know if you still want a picture. ?It was easy to assemble with the kit they offer on BRS. ?They even have a nice how to assemble it video.

Everything is going well for me right now. I'm just waiting to see what the next challenge is going to be. I know it's coming.I've figured out that adding juvenile clown fish to a tank is like letting toddlers loose in an antique toy store. They want to touch everything and don't care what it cost. LOL They are fun to watch though. The firefish is starting to?tolerate them more now that he sees they are not actually trying to attack him.I keep forgetting to get a pic of the one small hammer I have in there. Maybe tomorrow.The new icecap gyre will be in tomorrow, I will let you know what I think as soon as I get it in the tank.I haven't seen the conch for several days now. I'm not sure if I should be worried. I've read they will burry themselves for days at a time and then show back up. I haven't seen any parameter changes so I don't think he's dead. I will keep a look out for him.As usual, thank you all for your input and advice.?

Ended up staying home sick toady, running fever and can't breathe. I did put the Icecap Gyre in the tank but I'm going to have to spend some time with programming it. I dumped a couple of quarts of water over the side of the tank. Lets just say this thing has some flow. Need to wait till I'm feeling better to work on the programming.?The wife was not pleased to say the least.

Posted by: mossjer?Ended up staying home sick toady said:
If it is like other Gyre pumps you can also twist the cages on the ends to aim the flow lower so it doesn't splash over the top.

Yes you can twist them but I was not in the right state of mind when I was hooking it up. Too many cold meds. I plugged it in and fired it up at 50% and dumped water out the other side. LOLI've had a bit more time to figure out the programming today and so far I like it. The fish aren't too impressed but the one little hammer I have in there is loving it.?

Posted by: mossjer?Yes you can twist them but I was not in the right state of mind when I was hooking it up. Too many cold meds. I plugged it in and fired it up at 50% and dumped water out the other side. LOLI've had a bit more time to figure out the programming today and so far I like it. The fish aren't too impressed but the one little hammer I have in there is loving it.?? ? said:
The Maxspect programming isn't too bad, but the manual stinks.? I think they used Google to translate it then cut out 50%.? Good luck.

Posted by: Crotalus[quote="Posted by: mossjer said:
The Maxspect programming isn't too bad, but the manual stinks.? I think they used Google to translate it then cut out 50%.? Good luck."]?I can assure you the Icecap manual is no better. LOL Took a lot of trial and error today, but I think I've got it now.