Mossjer's 65 gal build/help me thread

I really wish I had put more thought into the rock I bought. And what I would like the end result to look like. I just found this pic on another forum. I love the look of this tank.View attachment 506?

My Skimmer was producing very well.? When I moved it I took the collection cup off and rinsed the nasty crud out.? No soap, just rinse with tap water.? It took 3 days for the skimmer to start producing again.

I think your scape looks fine, especially if you are gonna add coral down the road, you'll have plenty of room for stuff to grow out. If you wanted to put one or two more pieces of tonga or rock it would still be good too.

I am and I wanted to leave room for the fish that move around more than what I currently have.I'm looking into additional flow options now. I'm a ways off from needing it for corals but I need to get the plan in place.

Oh. and I discovered last night I was not running the?Varios?return pump on it's highest setting. Guess I was tired the night I installed it and I was happy with the flow it had. It really puts out some water on high. I'm really digging being able to slow it down for feeding and such. I didn't like having to shut down the other pump I had and?filling up?the sump. Or tweaking on the valve I have on the return.

Lol I know what you mean, I ?installed mine last night and can only run it at 40% or it will suck my sump dry. Guess we'll be able to use these for bigger builds one day ;-) Guess we are both being proactive for future planning :p

I'm already working on my wife to close in that whole room and have two separate in wall tanks. LOL. I'll have to get a better pic of the room. It has two columns around the immediate area you can't see in the pic. Was just an odd design. the rest of the house is awesome which is why we bought it.

HaHa? me too. I have 20, 18 and 16 year olds all still living at home. My time is coming soon. LOL

Well. some good news tonight. The tank is almost cleared up and I have a nice layer of diatoms on the sand and some of the rock that the CUC should knock out. . Hopefully this bloom doesn't happen again.? The skimmer behaved itself all day and actually seems to be doing something. I think I just moved a little too fast. And here I thought I was taking my time.? LOL

Crap, I was wanting to add a couple of VorTech MP 10's to the back glass but I did not set the tank far enough from the wall for them to fit. So I'm back to the drawing board for flow. Any suggestions? I like the gyre but don't know if I want that huge thing on the side of the tank. MP10's on the side are an option but I really wanted them on the back to blend in.

The hydor koralia powerheads are low profile on the outside of the tank and would fit. That is what I am using. The third generation model. It is easy to take them off the mount too. I take them off and blow my rock every once in a while.?

I had a couple of Hydors in my old tank. I need to do some research on the newer ones. Are they controllable? I will do some searching.

I just returned from a Boy Scout meeting where I received a very nice award for my service to our troop. I am a Scout Master just so you know.Along with that surprise the tank is almost completely clear of the fog that took it over Monday. The skimmer is behaving and actually skimming. All is well in the world. Well, my world at least.Just fed the tank and waiting to see if the skimmer freaks out again.I may add the other cardinal that is in the hospital back in tomorrow night. He seems to be fine.

They are only on/off. I have mine hooked up to the hydor controller that gives you some on/off patterns.Congrats on the award as well as your tank chilling back out lol.?Might get some more nassarius snails to churn up that sandbed :p?

I need to find some nassarius snails. The two stores by my house haven't had any lately. Well, one of them did but I prefer to not by livestock from that store.The sand is not as bad as those pictures make it look. I need to break out the SLR and take some decent pictures.

Went in search of nassarius snails at the LFS tonight. The wife said bring back something pretty when I left. To her dismay I came home with a fighting conch. She was not pleased in the least. but we will see what he does with the sand bed.I also picked up a few pieces of bleached white tonga branch to add. These are cooking in some tank water for a while before I even attempt to add them to the display.