LASERS 1000 Starfire Build

1- CB Rainbow Hellspawn Chalice
2- CB ORC (Orange Rainbow Crush) Chalice

[smilie=smirk.gif] [smilie=smirk.gif] [attachment=0]CBRainbow HellspawnChalice.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]CBOrangeRainbowCrushChalice.JPG[/attachment]

Are you making a map showing where you have placed each of your corals? I would think it impossible to keep up with what is what, and where is what without some kind of reference.

@DFW wrote:
Are you making a map showing where you have placed each of your corals? I would think it impossible to keep up with what is what said:
Exactly how I keep up with them!! I have 4 different maps of areas in the tank and update when new corals are placed into the tank. [smilie=whew.gif]

@Laser wrote:
[I]@DFW wrote:[/I][quote="Are you making a map showing where you have placed each of your corals? I would think it impossible to keep up with what is what said:
Exactly how I keep up with them!! I have 4 different maps of areas in the tank and update when new corals are placed into the tank. [smilie=whew.gif]"]

Here is an example of the far right side of the tank (map #4) [smilie=itwasntme.gif]

What, and then maybe a catalog with coordinates of each coral so that you don't have to sift through those maps looking for each one?

@DFW wrote:
What said:
Need to setup a computerized map with a point and click with description of coral (similar to what Dallas World Aquarium has). I will set up a separate monitor for this when I get it put in place.. [smilie=nerd.gif] [smilie=nerd.gif] [smilie=nerd.gif]

Next project will be to use my Nikon D80 camera for the first time on corals. I plan to get extension tubes, normal shooting lens for corals and lens for macro shots. I am surely up for suggestions on this matter on what and where to buy..

@Laser wrote:
Next project will be to use my Nikon D80 camera for the first time on corals. I plan to get extension tubes said:
I am willing to trade frags of your choice for help on shooting with new equipment. Looking for someone familiar with Nikon and what best lenses to buy.. [smilie=wink.gif]

You will want a nice macro lens. This is what I use: http://www.dpreview.com/products/nikon/lenses/nikon_105_2p8g_vr_micro

@Marc wrote:
You will want a nice macro lens. This is what I use: http://www.dpreview.com/products/nikon/lenses/nikon_105_2p8g_vr_micro said:
Just got one. It will be here next week and cant wait to start shooting..
Notice by my avatar that I am now a photo expert [smilie=thinking.gif] [smilie=worried.gif]

hehe! Are you going to MACNA? You can practice there.

Intro: Walt Disney Tenius Acropora

sitting around the house not able to go anywhere while recovering is going to cause me to fill the tank with corals very soon.
Picked up a new release acro and thought I would share with the DFW community. Nicest acro I have ever seen. Enjoy....

OOOH nice! I want to come over there and frag your frag. lol

@mwilk19 wrote:
Laser said:
Many have come directly from Steve Tyree and Tony at reefraft. Some have come from lineage traced to original by way of R2R. Most are shipped directly to my door.