LASERS 1000 Starfire Build

I'm subscribed to your R2R thread now. Thanks. :)

But I want to visit.

@Laser wrote:
[I]@Alex wrote:[/I][quote="I just came across this build thread. Excellent job!!! said:
Thanks Alex come check it out sometime. [smilie=wink.gif]"]

I'm going to take you up on this. I'd love to come take a look.
Btw, on the Rowalith c+ if you're still interested Let me know. ill hook uou up with Doug. He just took over the Deltec line again.

@Alex wrote:
[I]@Laser wrote:[/I][quote="[I]@Alex wrote:[/I][quote="I just came across this build thread. Excellent job!!! said:
Thanks Alex come check it out sometime. [smilie=wink.gif]"]

I'm going to take you up on this. I'd love to come take a look.
Btw, on the Rowalith c+ if you're still interested Let me know. ill hook uou up with Doug. He just took over the Deltec line again."]

Thanks Alex sure would like to meet Doug and have his contact. I have quite a bit of Deltec equipment and its hard to find anything for them.

This is freaking amazing and something i hope one day to do myself... Seriously, just awesome. New to the forum and salt water, but one day... I was thinking about putting my build on this forum, but after seeing what some of you guys have done, i'll just hang my head in shame now and carry on...

Btw, a few things that i've been looking at. Have you thought about natural lighting for a monster that size? Bulb replacement and electric bill on the lights alone have to kill. There was a thread on ReefCentral about a guy that did it and it turned out amazing. Here's what was used

http://www.solatube.com/residential/daylighting

Built in ventilation for dehumidification as well, They also do the solar star for solar ventilation that connects to the vents you've already installed for it.

@Laser wrote:
Not to get the tree huggers stirred up but I am in the oil and gas industry and am in favor of burning fossil fuels... [smilie=clapping.gif]"]

What do you get when you stir up a tree hugger with .....? Oh, never mind! [smilie=lol.gif]

I am in favor of burning oil, and gas, too! Though, whether or not much of it has ever come from fossils is something that I question.

I have seen this setup, and it is obviously amazing! I guess you have the new frag system shown on reef2reef. I will check it out! Thanks!

Oh i admit looking at that its freaking awesome. Wish i could do it myself. No way i could afford to go that route ever. I was just thinking supplemental type / addition in a situation like that. More natural light / vitamins for faster coral growth if it makes a difference. In totally a tree hugger, but dont condemn anyone that goes for comfort or just plain fun :) some things just need more power *lol*

@Malefactor wrote:
Good to see you took it the right way!!! Seriously I have considered the natural lighting but I have a 2 story house and it was not possible as we have a media room on top of the garage the tank lives in.. [smilie=smile.gif] Could not talk the wife into having poles going through the media room although I was able to put a pretty good spin on it and came close. Fire escape almost got her. [smilie=rofl.gif]

Heh, awesome. Yeah, my wife actually jumped on board with the idea right away. My tanks are in livingroom which has next to no light beside the tanks and she's an artist. So, mentioning having natural daylight in the room instead of MH about had her jumping out of her chair in joy