LASERS 1000 Starfire Build

[attachment=0]Teleconverters.JPG[/attachment]

picked up some new toys for the camera to go along with the new lenses I purchased the other day. These are teleconverters 2x and 1.4x for lens extensions to magnify the object. I am using the 2x with a 17-300mm Nikon lens to get some pretty sweet shots. They still allow the camera to autofocus if need be. I will post some asap.

Enjoy if you like. Easy way to document growth of the corals. I can take a pic of any of the corals on my list upon request if anyone looks at these board anymore. [smilie=sadsmile.gif]

There are always lots of lurkers reading.

Are you shooting freehand or with a tripod? Several good shots in this collection.

@Marc wrote:
There are always lots of lurkers reading. Are you shooting freehand or with a tripod? Several good shots in this collection. said:
Shooting with tripod through front of tank and freehand through your pic box on top. Very hard for me to get a good pic from up top with any of the macro lenses.
i did have flow in the tank when some of the shots were taken and then i turned it off and got some better shots.

Laser get this http://www.avastmarine.com/ssc/do/product/lagacy/Top-Down-Porthole I have it and it's awesome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@fusionvi wrote:
Laser get this http://www.avastmarine.com/ssc/do/product/lagacy/Top-Down-Porthole I have it and it's awesome Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk said:
Just ordered one today to give it a try. Looks pretty sweet!

Looking for a Bubble King 400 internal self cleaning head. I have seen that bubble king released a spray nozzle type head cleaner but I have been unable to locate. If anyone is aware how to get one please let me know. Tommy at MidCities is unable to get it at the moment for some reason????

@Laser wrote:
Looking for a Bubble King 400 internal self cleaning head. I have seen that bubble king released a spray nozzle type head cleaner but I have been unable to locate. If anyone is aware how to get one please let me know. Tommy at MidCities is unable to get it at the moment for some reason???? said:
I was using one swabbie from avast marine, it worked great.

I have also used the Avast and had success with it but they do not make a 400 mm model. With that size inner diameter the motor they use would struggle I suspect. For that reason I was on a mission to get the original Bubble King neck cleaner that has the spray nozzle that aids the squeegie. So I contacted Bubble King directly in Germany and was told that they no longer produce the units. After some research it became clear that the units were manufactured in Germany originally by a company called Aquadriver for BK. So after a little help from Reef Central BK club I find contact directly to Aquadriver in Germany and what do you know they have it in stock and it is on the way!! [smilie=clapping.gif] The motor on this unit is much different than Avast and Vector units and really spins quickly. Cant wait to see how it performs.
Aquadriver contacted by email ---- info@aquadriver.de

[attachment=0]FTS92214.JPG[/attachment]shot from distance with night blues on tonight.. As you can see (or better yet cant see) no more garage door visible from front shot. Curtain has been installed and works great. Makes it easy access to back when needed.

Been working hard on obtaining a chalice collection. Here is updated list as tank is mostly SPS and chalice with a few polyps and few other LPS

BPC Flamethrower Chalice
CB Avatar Chalice
CB Bahama Mama Chalice
CB Blue Flamethrower Chalice
CB Crazy Trash Chalice
CB Darth Maul Chalice
CB Ecstasy Chalice
CB Flaming Bugatti Chalice
CB FPC (Flaming Pink Clown) Chalice
CB Miami Overheat Chalice
CB Orange Peel Glowstick Chalice
CB ORC (Orange Rainbow Crush) Chalice