LASERS 1000 Starfire Build

@crawfish aka Bill wrote:
do you have an amount this tank cost. with out live stuff. what is your career and do you need an assistant. said:
I have already handed out all the scholarships! lol
Tank cost around $50.00 just like I tell the wife..

@Laser wrote:
[I]@crawfish aka Bill wrote:[/I][quote="do you have an amount this tank cost. with out live stuff. what is your career and do you need an assistant. said:
Tank cost around $50.00 just like I tell the wife.."]
Lol. $50 sounds about right

@Laser wrote:
[I]@crawfish aka Bill wrote:[/I][quote="do you have an amount this tank cost. with out live stuff. what is your career and do you need an assistant. said:

I'm headed there with $100 bill and a moving truck

@Laser wrote:
I have also used the Avast and had success with it but they do not make a 400 mm model. With that size inner diameter the motor they use would struggle I suspect. For that reason I was on a mission to get the original Bubble King neck cleaner that has the spray nozzle that aids the squeegie. So I contacted Bubble King directly in Germany and was told that they no longer produce the units. After some research it became clear that the units were manufactured in Germany originally by a company called Aquadriver for BK. So after a little help from Reef Central BK club I find contact directly to Aquadriver in Germany and what do you know they have it in stock and it is on the way!! [smilie=clapping.gif] The motor on this unit is much different than Avast and Vector units and really spins quickly. Cant wait to see how it performs. Aquadriver contacted by email ---- [email=info@aquadriver.de]info@aquadriver.de[/email] said:
Avast uses a different motor now, it's higher torque and like 1rpm , might ask them as they do have a long arm and double wiper I think.

@rckrzy1 wrote:
[I]@Laser wrote:[/I][quote="I have also used the Avast and had success with it but they do not make a 400 mm model. With that size inner diameter the motor they use would struggle I suspect. For that reason I was on a mission to get the original Bubble King neck cleaner that has the spray nozzle that aids the squeegie. So I contacted Bubble King directly in Germany and was told that they no longer produce the units. After some research it became clear that the units were manufactured in Germany originally by a company called Aquadriver for BK. So after a little help from Reef Central BK club I find contact directly to Aquadriver in Germany and what do you know they have it in stock and it is on the way!! [smilie=clapping.gif] The motor on this unit is much different than Avast and Vector units and really spins quickly. Cant wait to see how it performs. Aquadriver contacted by email ---- [email=info@aquadriver.de]info@aquadriver.de[/email] said:
Avast uses a different motor now, it's higher torque and like 1rpm , might ask them as they do have a long arm and double wiper I think."]

Thanks for the info. I ordered the one from bubble king and they sent what I thought was the wrong one. Turns out it was the right one and my bubble king 400 actually came with a 350 cup for some reason. This is being fixed by mid cities aquarium as we speak and they are getting the correct cup for the 400..

have had a little time to finish up some projects in the fish room
the tank had a little shadow on the ends so I added a AI 52 on each end and now have full coverage.
You can also notice that the curtain has been pulled to the side of the tank to allow work from behind..

Finished up the automation of the water change system. I am able to make 300 gallons at a time and usually go through that every 10 days in water changes.

I was able to also get a work table and set up a frag cutting station. I added a led light above to allow myself to be able to see better when cutting..

@Laser wrote:
Yeah, my and many others greatest fear: If I die and my wife sells all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it. [smilie=crying.gif]

@Ben wrote:
[I]@Laser wrote:[/I][quote="[I]@crawfish aka Bill wrote:[/I][quote="do you have an amount this tank cost. with out live stuff. what is your career and do you need an assistant. said:
Yeah, my and many others greatest fear: If I die and my wife sells all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it. [smilie=crying.gif]"]

[smilie=rofl.gif] [smilie=rofl.gif] [smilie=rofl.gif]

@Laser wrote:
[I]@Marc wrote:[/I][quote="There are always lots of lurkers reading. Are you shooting freehand or with a tripod? Several good shots in this collection. said:
Shooting with tripod through front of tank and freehand through your pic box on top. Very hard for me to get a good pic from up top with any of the macro lenses.
i did have flow in the tank when some of the shots were taken and then i turned it off and got some better shots."]

Lance you should make a sliding rail system that can fit over the top of the tank and you can mount your camera box to it and steady your camera for those top down shots.

kindda like those cameras they use for NFL games, the ones on wires......I wouldnt use wire in this case but if you made it out of 80/20 and could slide on the x and y lines you could cover the entire tank and use a remote to take the picture.

@Laser wrote:
growth watch: 2 months worth of growth and color for the Kickazz Rainbow Acropora said:
Which photo is closest to the true color or has it actually changed that much? That is a pretty vivid red.

Great looking corals, let me know when you are ready to frag. ;)

Mitch

the second pic colors are right on.. It has not colored up as much as the pic differential shows as the first pic was a time period where I was still a complete beginner with the camera. feel free to check out my sponsor posts for updates on available frags at our website. Most of the current pics including the Kickazz Rainbow are now ready for pickup or shipments..