LASERS 1000 Starfire Build

Laser

Membership Expired
Well here we go! Just moved and have finally been able to clear all the equipment and corals from the old house. I have moved them into a temporary setup consisting of a frag tank and a 100 gallon rubbermaid horse trough. The frag tank is completely packed and the 100 gallon is packed with colonies. I have now setup the 225 and have all liverock and refugium plants running. I have added new sand to the display and will wait a few weeks for the tank to go through mini cycle before transferrring livestock back into the 225.
On to the new build.
I have ordered a 1000 gallon Starfire front dimensions 11 foot long x 4 foot wide x 36" tall. The tank will be built locally by AGE complete with metal stand and 350 gallon sump. The tank will be delivered within 3 weeks. Skimming will be provided by a Bubble King 5000 Ext. I will run bioballs and carbon through seperate reactors and dose with prodibio supplements.
Flow will be provided by a vortec 60 on each end as well as some sort of high powered Tunze for the back wall of tank. Most likely 2 or 3. Lighting will be 5 400 Watt Metal Halides running 20K bulbs on the back half and 5 AI 56's on the front.
Exhaust fans will be installed prior to tank arriving as well as plumbing for drain.
I will aquascape with half liverock and half fake rock. Aquascape will be 3 seperate island reefs to provide plenty of open swimming room for fish.
What is a new post without pics....Here you go.

We just did a huge upgrade so I can sympathize with you. Ha ha! 1,000 gallons! WOW! Can't wait to see it come together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sealer paint has now been added today and will caulk inside framing tomorrow. I will will then have electrician run 3 different dedicated 25 amp GFCI breakers. Two for the new tank and one for the 225 qt/frag setup.
I will then be setting shower liner 4 feet up the wall and completely under section that stand will sit. It will run 1/2 way through garage and provide drainage should a leak or spill occur. I forgot to mention that this setup will reside in a garage that has been insulated by 24 inches in the attic area, walls filled, and garage door insulated on inside as well has having wood siding on the outside. A ductless AC/Heater/Dehumidifier will be installed in the coming weeks.

Awesome!!! Way to go Lance. I'm excited to see this come to life. Where did you move to, area-wise?

@Laser wrote:
[I]@ERIKATHORNBURG wrote:[/I][quote="We just did a huge upgrade so I can sympathize with you. Ha ha! 1 said:
"]

We raided the pool stuff and used some goggles. Lol.

@Marc wrote:
Awesome!!! Way to go Lance. I'm excited to see this come to life. Where did you move to said:
We moved to Aledo off of 377 and 1187W just south of Benbrook. We are country folk now! [smilie=clapping.gif]

@Laser wrote:
[I]@Marc wrote:[/I][quote="Awesome!!! Way to go Lance. I'm excited to see this come to life. Where did you move to said:
We moved to Aledo off of 377 and 1187W just south of Benbrook. We are country folk now! [smilie=clapping.gif]"]

We are in Aledo on the north side.

WOW! Talk about upgrade! Thats awesome man! With your taste in corals this thing is gonna be crazy!!! Cant wait to see it completed.

Update-
Was able to move most of coral and livestock from frag tank and temporary horse trough back into the 225. I have lost quite a few of the acros during the move but hopefully the rest will recover quickly now. Some of the apex controller equipment has been set up and the 225 QT system is now being controlled.
Here are a few pics. Countdown is on for the new 1000 delivery. I am looking at the aqualogic 1.5 HHP chiller for the system and it will be set up outdoors like a ac unit.
Here are some pics of the progress.