JenkinsCrew BioCube 14 build - First Rodeo

a0c9a144d34deddff59231fb9f226663.jpg
alt="">

Got a regal tang to go with the clowns and aneanome. She is doing really well!

@jenkinscrew wrote:
Got a regal tang to go with the clowns and aneanome. She is doing really well! said:
I know this is probably obvious but you know that Tang won't take long to outgrow that tank, right? [smilie=smile.gif]

I does look good, though!

Oh yes, I did realize that and the only reason I considered it is because I will be setting up a 110 gallon reef tank that will be a work in progress :)

My grandfather decided he wanted a tank too but can't keep it at his place so we are setting it up at my place and I will run and maintain it. We bought it used from David in Arlington. I will start a build log in the other section soon :)

@Marc wrote:
How's your new new tank? ;) said:
Well gonna go slow and try to do everything right, Have allot of cleanup and some fixing/replacing to do on this. I got the DIY sump all cleaned and may need some help with the configuration. I found out I have to replace the main pump as it went out 2 mins after I turned it on. I also need to get a skimmer, ATO, and APEX. Having to start my research all over again going from AIOs to tank with sump. Trying to figure it all out LOL. [smilie=rofl.gif]

Try (operating word is try) to take your sweet time with this one. Doing too many things in the first year can actually kill your motivation and elevate your frustration. You know how to reach me if you need help.

544ff7709cf171169a156fe67bcef88f.jpg
alt="">

My regal tang got popeye so had to take her out to quarantine and medicate. Think she either scratched herself on the rock or the lawnmower blenny got a little too aggressive. After about 5 days she was looking good as new

abc8a5c8dcf3b36959e18e11e592d64d.jpg
alt="">

Mad a quick little mag frag rack to hold some of my corals off the sand while I vacuum worked pretty well!

5daced445d5f628c845af497299da203.jpg
alt="">

Well the 2 stock moon LEDs in the Coralife went dim again so rather than buy another set I decided to change the lighting up a bit. I now am using the blue bar that came with the Truelumens pro set. I bought another set and added the other white/blue combo bar to the setup. So now I have a total of three Truelumens bars all set to about 50%. Corals weren't growing any and just staying alive so hoping more light will help.

1d1c2851d640d56dc8b44eef9ad4bc47.jpg
alt="">

Had a little scare today, our power went out for about 2 hours. Luckily I had both systems on a small APC battery backup. It lasted about 45 minutes after I turned all the lights off on both tanks. Wasn't quite enough to keep it going the whole time. Luckily I had 2 larger APC battery backup units for my computer, security and network equipment. They were enough to keep it up the rest of the time thankfully. Probably gonna go get a big power inverter for the truck to be my generator as a backup for the batteries next time.

Got some coraline algae starting to grow on the back wall and powerhead on the original Oceanic cube...woohoo getting established!
7980b868bd73c22aa8c2d80565cadccc.jpg
alt="">