JenkinsCrew BioCube 14 build - First Rodeo

And then there were two!

7698f85d885796acfe63dadee82f4136.jpg
alt="">

Yeah it is going to be interesting to run 2 different setups. The second tank is running with a "mini refugium" setup in the back. Flow goes through filter pad on top of stock drip plate down to an nice bunch of cheato that is lit with a 6-LED Magnafuge light, then goes through a bag of chemi-pure and out through another filter pad on top of the bottom stock plate and lastly through a piece of fluval sponge before the pump. Pump is upgraded to a ML Maxi-jet 600 and out a hydor rotating water deflector. Water is also circulated with a Hydor Koralia 240 gph, like the first tank. It is still running the stock CF bulbs.....for now ;-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Very nice! I have always want to try a nano setup, but they seem harder to me! Looks nice and I like that you have 2 of them now. Welcome to the club and keep the posts coming.

Thank you! Yes I am enjoying it so far. A second small tank added a little more pressure but I am keeping up with it. :)

Any idea on a good place to get Tubing fittings like elbows, bushings or couplers? The small stuff...about to do ATO install.

Also may have an APEX controller soon :)

I bought a lot of stuff from flexpvc and another place I can't remember. An Apex is a great addition, you will love it!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Awesome! Will check them out!
Yes I can't wait to automate some stuff!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Well been busy this weekend! Got one of the tanks setup with an ATO system (B-day present), Apex Controller, water change pump system and custom MelevesReef switch/Apex Display faceplate. Oh and also got a scooter blenny and another coral :) I will post some pics soon.

Here is a pic of the ATO reservoir for both my tanks. Just a small 2 gallon tank with a mixing circulation pump and a stand for the ATO pumps. I will be adding Kalkwasser to the reservoir for daily ATO. I am using the Smart ATO Micro. First one is installed and hopefully will be installing second next weekend. Ended up just drilling a hole into the back of the lid the same size as the tubing that cam with it to put the tubing through, then glued in a little 45 degree elbow to direct it down. So far working well!

[attachment=0]20160221_231434_resized.jpg[/attachment]

The Apex controller is installed on the first tank and is working great. Everything fit in the middle shelf compartment still so no modification made there. Had to do a new faceplate though and now have a custom MelevesReef faceplate! [smilie=smile.gif]

[attachment=1]20160221_162256_resized.jpg[/attachment]

Decided to split up the DJ switches one for each tank, will use those for water changes and external auxiliary pumps/heaters. Its coming together and getting easier to do the daily/weekly tasks [smilie=smile.gif]

Here is the stand setup for the first tank:

[attachment=0]20160221_162309_resized.jpg[/attachment]

Thought I would post some more pics. This kinda shows my water change solution. I just went to Home Depot and bought some small elbows, a small ball valve, some tubing and a screw-in quick connect pieces. So I measured everything, glued all the pieces together and painted it black, minus the hose going into the tank. Then I had to fit it in chamber #1 and have my hood open and close. So I had to Dremel a notch in the back for the pipe to route through. As you can see in the pic on the right: (You can also see the ATO tube with the micro irrigation elbow I talked about earlier, more toward the left.)

[attachment=1]20160229_172903_resized.jpg[/attachment]

Then I just secured everything to the back with some stick-on mounts and zip ties. I bought a small Hydor pico pump for the bottom of the tube going into chamber #1 to pump out water (the filter plate in chamber 1 was already removed). So I hooked up the hydor pump to one of my switches and have another small pump with a little more power hooked up to another switch. I made another short piece of hose with the other end of the screw-in quick connect that hooks up to the other pump in a bucket. So when I do a water change I just have 2 marked buckets, one for water in and one for water out. I can pump both ways through one pipe with the pumps on each end with no issues. No more siphoning and much quicker!

[attachment=2]20160223_155155_resized.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]20160229_173622_resized_1.jpg[/attachment]

I also made one for the second tank and have it coming out the other side [smilie=wink.gif]

I didn't take a pic of the other one outside the tank so this kinda gives you a visual of that, this one has an extra piece to divert to the other side so it is like a U-shape connected to a L-shape piece. Everything was done the same as the other tank and works great! Here is a few pics un-painted and painted.

[attachment=1]20160228_002316_resized.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]20160228_103306_resized.jpg[/attachment]

Well everything seems to be doing well.

I saw an aneanome at Snorkels fish and really liked it, so I picked it up. I added a prefilter to my circulation pump and hope it stays put and likes where it is at.

4b16210a2a24a743c171e573b235cdb2.jpg
alt="">

My take on "How to train your aneanome." Lol

Made this cage and left it in place for a few days and seems to have worked!

bf40e863a8aa49a06594da0acb52f841.jpg
alt="">

Somehow I missed this thread, but I'm all caught up. Two tanks! That didn't take you long.

Yeah didn't plan on 2 for awhile, but I wasn't gonna pass up a second setup that was all free! I am very happy I did, as it also allows me to get everyone in the house their own fish lol.