JenkinsCrew BioCube 14 build - First Rodeo

Thanks Mike!

Definitely! My plan is to do weekly, 2 gallon water changes and at the same time replace the poly filter, rinse the sponge and spray off the outside of the media bag to keep flow going good. I will also probably alternate every 2 weeks between Purigen and MatrixCarbon bags in the 3rd chamber where the water comes through the bottom channel from the 2nd chamber. Does that sound like a good plan?

Love the advice, Thank You Thank You!

Kudos for being so diligent in your approach. I would alternate the replacing/cleaning vs doing everything all at the same time. You don't want your beneficial bacteria to take that big of a hit all at once. Also look up Marine Pure Bio Spheres, they are great for housing a ton of bacteria surface area in a small space.

I will be installing the ATO within the next few weeks and I am trying to come up with a solution to get the tubing into the 3rd chamber of my BioCube with out pinching the tubing when the lid is open or closed. My thought is to drill a hole in the back of the lid and get a plastic barbed elbow (anyone know who carries these or where to get?) and silicone it into the hole. Looking for ideas...maybe a micro tubing bulkhead??? Still pondering this one..

[attachment=0]20160126_201252.jpg[/attachment]

Picked up some corals!

Green Monti
Birdsnest
Frogspawn
Kenya Tree
Xenia

Thanks Matt!

Be careful with the Kenya Tree and Xenia, they'll spread like weeds. Would be best to put them on isolated island rocks so they won't spread and take over your entire aquascaping. It can happen faster than you think, especially with the Xenia.

Good idea, yes I was told they did that, will definitely have to watch to keep them under cotrol. :) Thanks for all the tips! Makes this hobby so much more enjoyable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Got some more coral :) Thanks Randall!

fire forest digi
blue hornet
green stylo
purple haze monti

and some hammer, thanks Joe!

Also picked up lawnmower blenny (hiding in the cave in the middle) and green chromis, thanks Jerry!

[attachment=0]20160130_155647_resized1.jpg[/attachment]

So I think this lawnmower blenny may be too big for my tank. He is about 3" long, now my tank is spotless and no algae to be found. He has cleared the sand out of an area under my right rock to hide under and made quite a mess and covered up a few corals I had in the sand, so had to move some around. I am kind of worried he may not have enough to eat too. Wonder if I should supplement or find him a better home...

If you get rid of him let me know. I could trade you some corals for him.

Sent from pay phone in the airport.

Oh cool! Yeah thinking of replacing him with a scooter blenny instead to fit my tank better. I'll let you know!

Here he is just chillin on the rocks [smilie=smile.gif]

[attachment=0]20160203_195212-1_resized1.jpg[/attachment]

Sooooooo....I will be getting a SECOND Biocube 14 today. My cousin no longer wants their one year old FOWLR biocube so they are giving it to me with their 3 clowns and all equipment and everything! Wish I would have know 2 months ago lol. Will post pics later after setup. :p

Mike is definitely right about the xenias. They will grow fast and get very annoying. Also I really like the power switches idea. Thanks now you gave me yet another thing to add to my never ending list. Good luck with the tank, looks really good so far

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

@jenkinscrew wrote:
Sooooooo....I will be getting a SECOND Biocube 14 today. My cousin no longer wants their one year old FOWLR biocube so they are giving it to me with their 3 clowns and all equipment and everything! Wish I would have know 2 months ago lol. Will post pics later after setup. :-P Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk said:
I see you're feeding your addiction quite well ! [smilie=clapping.gif]

Yes lol! I am currently aquscaping, should have some pics up tommorrow ;-)