140 Gallon Starphire Build

@Heathd wrote:
Will you be running fans on the heatsinks said:
right now i am not planning to run fans but if needed i have some fans to blow across if needed.

@psteeleb wrote:
where did you get those heatsinks and do they come in 48" lenght? said:
http://www.rapidled.com/servlet/the-142/1.1%22-x-48%22-Aluminum/Detail

i was told i could use square tubing on other forums but since i dont want to run active cooling i wanted to see if the heatsinks will keep them cool.

@kuyatwo wrote:
[I]@psteeleb wrote:[/I][quote="where did you get those heatsinks and do they come in 48" lenght? said:
http://www.rapidled.com/servlet/the-142/1.1%22-x-48%22-Aluminum/Detail

i was told i could use square tubing on other forums but since i dont want to run active cooling i wanted to see if the heatsinks will keep them cool."]

thanks - those are perfect for my needs and gives me another option compared to what I have now

Do you have any pictures of your Stigmata Blenny in the tank? Is it an elusive fish, or does it stay out? It's pretty.

@Marc wrote:
Do you have any pictures of your Stigmata Blenny in the tank? Is it an elusive fish said:
I will try to take a pic tonight. The fish was shy in te beginning but is out alot more looking for algae to graze on

Such an interesting name. I wouldn't trust it based on that alone. hehe

@Marc wrote:
Such an interesting name. I wouldn't trust it based on that alone. hehe said:
I also have a cryptic six line wrasse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tested my phosphates with my hanna Sunday and they read 0.13 so decided it was time to put the biopellet reactor on line.

I run a vertex zeovit reactor that I converted to biopellet reactor. I really love this reactor as it has a built in pump and a plunger so I can turn the pellets if need be.

After 3 straight days of dosing mb7 phosphates are down to .07 so hopefully by weeks end it will
close to 0 and start my reg dosing every third day.

Right now I dose mb7 once a day and dose amino acids, vitamin c and koral color every three days. All brightwells products

@kuyatwo wrote:
Tested my phosphates with my hanna Sunday and they read 0.13 so decided it was time to put the biopellet reactor on line. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
would you say the hanna checker for calcium is accurate?

you should post a FTS [smilie=wink.gif]

@dfwminis wrote:
[I]@kuyatwo wrote:[/I][quote="Tested my phosphates with my hanna Sunday and they read 0.13 so decided it was time to put the biopellet reactor on line. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
would you say the hanna checker for calcium is accurate?

you should post a FTS [smilie=wink.gif]"]

The ca I think is in preorder status. I use Hanna alk and phos to test my levels. I did preorder the ca I think they said middle of July it will ship out

While at a wedding last week I noticed the photographers using Canon cameras and spoke to them and they gave me some great pointers. Use the camera's metering mode and shoot in manual here are couple pics i took

i shot using 400 iso, AWB and i adjusted the aperature and shutter speed to what the camera told me to.

here couple quick pics of some fish I shot, sorry Marc the Blenny was camera shy

IMG_3433.jpg
alt="">

IMG_3431.jpg
alt="">

IMG_3436.jpg
alt="">

Those look good. I shoot the same way. One feature you might enable is AF-C (auto focus continuous). Don't zoom, no matter what. When you do, you reduce the fstop and it slows the shutter's reaction time. Shoot fish at 800 or higher (1600 max).

If you can get your hands on a 50mm, you'll be amazed at the fish pictures you'll capture.

@Marc wrote:
Those look good. I shoot the same way. One feature you might enable is AF-C (auto focus continuous). Don't zoom said:
I will try that I have a 50mm 1.4

@dfwminis wrote:
would you say the hanna checker for calcium is accurate? said:
Marine depot has the Hanna ca checker on preorder for 39.99 and reagent refills for 9.99

I use my Hanna test kits only once a week i use API and red sea for testing every other day

Hanna checkers are very easy to do and quick

Ordered from Roger with tunze their mangrove box. I don't use macro algae in my sump so I decided to do something different with some mangroves as I always liked them.

The mangrove box comes with 2x black mangroves that are so different then red mangroves. I still used one red mangrove with the two black mangroves that Roger sent.

Started to do a water change and had the pumps off so I decided to get the camera out and take some pics of the coral before i started the water change. No Photoshopping just cropped with picasa

Shot is off a Sps stag that is purple with green tips
stag-1.jpg
alt="">

ORA Red Planet
redplanet-1.jpg
alt="">

Sps Colony I got from msholmes starting to color back up
msholmes-1.jpg
alt="">

Aussie red tort frag from fish2morrow
fish2morrow-1.jpg
alt="">

Red millipora mini colony
electricmilli-1.jpg
alt="">

Carolina I think
carolina.jpg
alt="">

Barney SPS that is really coloring up really well prob one of my favs pic does not give it justice
barney.jpg
alt="">