140 Gallon Starphire Build

Planning to do something different on the back of the tank I am going to to have this as my background also inspired by v1...rotate . i prob go with a vinyl sticker attached to coroplast for the back of the tank. I really think the leds will make the background look good

Quick update

Wes is almost finished with the stand and light rack and will be going to the powder coaters soon

Had a hiccup getting 1/2" starphire glass. Original plan was to have glass cages make us the three sides of the tank but that fell through as it was never was delivered on their Dallas shipment. Luckily David found a local glass company that was cheaper than glasscages and it is true PPG starphire glass. Woot woot

If everything goes well tank will be done end of March.

Started to go through all my old live rock from my old 250 gallon to plan out my rock work and will post picks of couple options I planned on using

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just picked up my 1/2" starphire panes

glass left side is one pane right side is two panes stacked on top.

I am always amazed how clear starphire is

Stand is finished Wes luck of the draw built the stand and custom light rack. The light rack I can move it up and down or front to back just by pulling out a pin.

Stand has mounts to place my apex dc8 and eb8 on the back. Plus has mounts so I can have dj switches mounted to the stand along the front of the stand.

First pics from David Varela this is the bottom which is double pane 1/2" glass

Double pain to move [smilie=lol.gif] If you need any help moving it in just let me know. I'd love to see some of David's BIG work. This tank is going to look amazing!!!

@escaudio wrote:
Double pain to move [smilie=lol.gif] If you need any help moving it in just let me know. I'd love to see some of David's BIG work. This tank is going to look amazing!!! said:
Might have to take you up on that once it is finished.

This thread is about to take off. Love seeing the progress.

just curious. What made you want a double pain bottom glass? because the tank is rimless, or just for that added extra?
Also, i see the bottom pains are stacked on top and flush with each other. to give it a total of 1" face adheasion.
i have seen where people will double the bottom, but the top piece will be 1" shorter so there is 1/2" bottom seal, and a 1/2" side seal? was there a discussion on why it was done with way? (im just curious as i would like to know as well)

and it looks good!
Marc is correct, this build is going to take off!

David wanted the added strength we could of went 1" glass pane but it was actually less expensive to go 2 1/2" pieces of glass. Since I run a high flow tank and a wave box I wanted extra strength too on the seals I also decided to go with a flush style of eurobrace over a rimless.

How David makes his tanks is where he builds around the bottom pane I think they call it floating style

@escaudio wrote:
That's funny said:
I am going to add more wrasses so I need to do a screen top so eurobrace makes it alot easier to have the screen top

Starting to look like a fish tank ;)

First pic you can see the notched back for the external overflow

First part of April let me know when you are free I can drop off some Frags