140 Gallon Starphire Build

quick update sold my mp40w and decided to go with a pair of tunzes 6105's (thanks franks tanks) so i completly done with vortecs i sold my last one with all my spare parts.

this weekend my plans are to lay out all my dry rock out and plan out the rockwork and then start to precure it in rubbermaid troughs.

I am also going to start work on my acrylic sump pan and ato container. If i have enough acrylic left over I want to make a two part container and stand for my profilux doser

avast swabbie for my itech 200 skimmer should be in soon I also ordered their magnetic prob holder and two part holder for the sumps

Magnetic Prob Holder

http://www.avastmarine.com/ssc/do/product/rigging/Magnetic-Probe-Holder

Magnetic two part doser holder

http://www.avastmarine.com/ssc/do/product/rigging/Magnetic-Dosing-Tube-Holder

Can you explain the back section? is that a black acrylic panel on the outside of the tank, inside the overflow? Or black glass? In the earlier images, the back panel was clear.

@Marc wrote:
Can you explain the back section? is that a black acrylic panel on the outside of the tank said:
it is black abs. david was sizing it up to trim it will have teeth where the external overflow will be and then be cut to size and attached to the inside of the back plane of glass.

photo-13.jpg
alt="">

Black ABS cut for the back wall with teeth cut in for external overflow

Quick update

Received my avast swabbie last week plus my magnetic probe holder and two part holder.

Stand was delivered just waiting for the tank to be delivered shooting for maybe this weekend if not Easter weekend for sure.

Here is a pic of the swabbie on the itech skimmer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been over 3 weeks since there were any updates... surely you haven't just been letting this tank sit idle?

@bdare wrote:
Been over 3 weeks since there were any updates... surely you haven't just been letting this tank sit idle? said:
Well tank and stand has been delivered.

I built an acrylic drip pan and built an acrylic sump out of 3/8 cast acrylic.

Tomorrow I will have a day to myself so all day will be working on the tank.

1. acid wash live rock

2. setup tunzes streams and nano wavebox

3. finish plumbing

4. start dry run of tank in the garage

Here is a couple pics of three columns i am making out of the dry rock from my old tank. I will make a fourth column out of the existing live rock in my tank now

photo-21.jpg
alt="">

photo-20.jpg
alt="">

Hopefully will have tank in the house first part of the month of May.

looking great - can't wait to see it get wet

I'm liking that skimmer set up, and wondering if one like that would fit in my small sump, what are the dimensions?

Well itnwas to muggy to work on the plumbing in the garage Saturday. But today was perfect.

I did something a little different I went 1" all the way to ball valve after ball valve went 1 1/2" hopefully this will be dead silent as this tank will be in the master bedroom.

I know the ball valve is upside down will fix it when it goes on the tank ;)

@psteeleb wrote:
looking great - can't wait to see it get wet I'm liking that skimmer set up said:
Here is the footprint of the I-tech 200

Foot print
Internal configuration 11" x 9 1/4""

Here is link for their skimmers

http://www.i-techskimmers.com/forums/index.php

Might look at aquamaxx and octopus skimmers. Aquamaxx mojo on r2r gave it great reviews and octopus is suppose to be fully able to disassemble might look at those to. I sold mine as i hated that you cold not fully clean the skimmer. Might talk to dien too i think he has an atb or bubble king skimmer for sale

Did my dry run in the garage today

this is with a nano wave box and 2 x tunze 6105's. Will add my 6055's and take a video from the top of the flow

[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/23565050[/vimeo]

I plan on having a separate frag tank setup this time around. My last tank was in the master bedroom boss lady doesn't want tank in the living room.

On a side note the overflow is silent I definitely recommend going with bigger size piping during the last half of the plumbing I think it cuts down in the "toilet bowl" going on in the pipes

The eagle has landed.

We have a fish tank in the house. Change of plans the tank is now in the living room as the stand was to wide to fit through bedroom door

@kuyatwo wrote:
The eagle has landed. We have a fish tank in the house. Change of plans the tank is now in the living room as the stand was to wide to fit through bedroom door Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
Man, that's a great looking stand. All I've been hearing is how awesome that stand is. [smilie=thinking.gif]

I should have the magnetic panels done by next week. [smilie=clapping.gif]

@kuyatwo wrote:
I plan on having a separate frag tank setup this time around. My last tank was in the master bedroom boss lady doesn't want tank in the living room. said:
So what's the boss ladies take now, lol

Well she wasn't happy but I moved the tank in to the living room when the tank stand wouldn't fit throught the bedroom door while she took my daughter to swim class.

As the saying "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to get permission" but she likes it so far she helped me today to add sand to the tank. So I guess I broke her down ;) but prob she will keep this as a wild card for when she wants something or for me to start a honey do