140 Gallon Starphire Build

Oh my! Not the dreaded wild card, those have cost me a fortune over the years. Seems my tanks pulls more wild cards out than anything else I do.

Quick update I have added my fish and corals from my old tank and so far so good.

I used the bacteria that was posted earlier this month to cycle your tank in days and so far so good.

Had David build me a custom ato container holds roughly twenty gallons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@kuyatwo wrote:
Quick update I have added my fish and corals from my old tank and so far so good. I used the bacteria that was posted earlier this month to cycle your tank in days and so far so good. Had David build me a custom ato container holds roughly twenty gallons Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
Lets see some pic of the tank with fish and corals.

@96gts wrote:
[I]@kuyatwo wrote:[/I][quote="Quick update I have added my fish and corals from my old tank and so far so good. I used the bacteria that was posted earlier this month to cycle your tank in days and so far so good. Had David build me a custom ato container holds roughly twenty gallons Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
Lets see some pic of the tank with fish and corals."]

I agree, pics.............

@Ptt wrote:
So what sand did you end up using and where did you get it from? said:
I went with Carib sea sea floor special and also reef flakes live sand. I don't prefer fine sand especially since i like alot of flow in my tanks and fine sand just makes a sand storm in the tank

One of the fish I wanted that when I first saw it on reefbuilders. I finally found one. It is a stigmata blenny

http://reefbuilders.com/2009/08/08/stigmata-blenny-sea-dwelling-creatures-shows-off-stigmata-and-personifer/

Finally got around to taking pics with my camera didnt have time to photoshop them but they are pretty close to real colors.

Hoeki Frag

IMG_3234.jpg
alt="">

Highlighter Coral

IMG_3229.jpg
alt="">

Tyree Bubble Gum Monster

IMG_3226.jpg
alt="">

Tyree Miami Hurricane

IMG_3225.jpg
alt="">

Pot of Gold Favia

IMG_3221.jpg
alt="">

IMG_3197.jpg
alt="">

IMG_3183.jpg
alt="">

IMG_3179.jpg
alt="">

IMG_3166.jpg
alt="">

IMG_3140-Copy.jpg
alt="">

IMG_3200.jpg
alt="">

IMG_3196.jpg
alt="">

IMG_3186.jpg
alt="">

IMG_3213.jpg
alt="">

IMG_3194.jpg
alt="">

Quick update

I decided to keep my ati powermodule as I get some great growth but decided to sell my reefbrites all blue LEDs to create my own led fixture

Worked with Wayne imagex and going to get a 36"x1" heatsink and have 24 LEDs on each fixture 18 (royal blue and blue) and 6 neutral white ran on 4 meanwell dimmable drivers all controlled by the profilux. I decided to use my profilux as they have built in program for diy led fixtures so I can do storm and cloud modes.

Hopefully can have the fixture up in a couple weeks.

Also I decided to tweak my t5 bulb combo.

3 x kz super blue
2 x ati blue special
2 x ati blue plus
1 x kz Fiji purple

those pictures look great ... it would be neat to see you pick up one of those new dimmable ATI fixtures ... you could have a very nice look then

Quick update I sold my all blue reefbrite LEDs. I was going to build a diy led/t5 fixture. But plans changes I love the sps coloring I am getting out of the t5's so I decided to have Wayne (imagex) make me a fixture so I ordered 2 x 36" heatsinks and 4 meanwell dimmable drivers and going with 23 LEDs (xp-e and xp-n) in each all from rapidled. Each heatsink will have 18 royal blue and 7 cw and each blue and white group will be on their own driver so I can do dimming. I plan to control these off my profilux controller as right now they are the only controller I know of that has storm and cloud mode for diy fixtures.

Here is a pic of just seeing what blue LEDs looked placed on the heatsink whites have not been added

Will you be running fans on the heatsinks, or will they be passive? Ive been doing more and more reading on leds, and the magic number for a maximum junction temperature seems to be ~150 degrees farenheit for the crees. If thats true, then I think fans are pointless.