Search results

1. A

Getting out of the Hobby - Garage sale.

After 20 years of reefing, I've decided to get out. Tons of stuff available. Equipment, sumps, fuge, acrylic containers, pumps, lights, DELTEC skimmer with cleaning head, DELTEC Calcium reactor, Deltec Kalk stirrer, salt bucket, additives, fittings, plumbing stuff, hoses, lights, Neptune...
  2. A

After 20 years... Getting Out of the hobby. Fire sale.

In 2004 I built a 300G reef and 2 years ago downgraded to a 150G to house my prized fish. I can let the whole set up go or part out. Majestic Angel, Powder Blue tang, Flame Angel, Clown Trigger - YES ALL REEF SAFE (had them for 10 years +) APEX Classic, 2 SKY LED, 1 Radion GEN3, all the probes...
  3. A

300 Gallon Tank Built-in Around Staircase, Cabinet & Canopy - for FREE

Here is the story: I'm in North Dallas.  Tank built in 2004.  The acrylic tank is circular in the back and designed to hug the staircase. Typical acrylic tank life is 30 years, so you should have 10 years of good life yet.  If you have a staircase it should fit well. dimensions:  4 ft long, 3 ft...
  4. A

300 Gallon Tank Built-in Around Staircase, Cabinet & Canopy - for FREE

Here is the story: I'm in North Dallas.  Tank built in 2004.  The acrylic tank is circular in the back and designed to hug the staircase. Typical acrylic tank life is 30 years, so you should have 10 years of good life yet.  If you have a staircase it should fit well. dimensions:  4 ft long, 3 ft...
  5. A

wTB Chaetomorpha

I'm trying to shape up my 300G after a period of neglect.  I'd like to start growing some chaeto to export nutrients. For pu:  I'm in north Dallas but also drive to the mid-cities 2-3 times a week. 
  6. A

Acrylic Tank Sanding and Polishing.

Does anyone know of a local professional with the equipment shown in the link below, that would be willing to sand and polish a fully stocked reef? I only need to have two 3/4 in thick panes sanded and polished. Front pane: 4'wide X 3'tall Side pane: 2.5' wide X 3 ' tall The underwater sander...
  7. A

Do you know of a critter that eats polyps?

I have a base rock with Texas trash and button polyps and I need to find a critter that would get rid of them. Any suggestions? I tried a formia star fish, but nothing. I was told to get a clown crab but I can't locate a place to buy it from.
  8. A

A shout-out for an incredible job by Eric @ True Plumbing

I have a custom acrylic tank built around the staircase in 2004. For those of you that have seen it in person you know how tight things are in my set up. For years I have been wanting to make a plumbing modification and haven't had the guts to attempt it until I met and spoke to Eric. So I...
  9. A

New and Improved Phyto station "technique"

I've been growing phyto for about a year now and I'd like to share my experience as I think I accidently came up with a pretty good set up. For starters I use Marc's phyto recipe. I have a 4 gallon pretzel box, 4 air lines and the "accidental trick" you can't see in the picture below. alt="">...
  10. A

Question on changing out the light fixture protective glass

I would like to change out the protective glass on two of my light fixtures. I have a reefstar and a maristar. I would like to cut the glass to size and actually pick a "good" glass with UV protection since I use DE bulbs. Can anyone recommend a local glass place to buy the glass and cut it...
  11. A

NEED SUMP BUILT + PLUMBING. DO YOU KNOW OF ANYONE? (PICS)

Hello Ladies and gents, I would like to hire someone to build me a custom sump with a tray and also "glue" the plumbing. Do you know of anyone that can do a "turn-key" job? Need to replace the bulkheads and install a manifold to gravity feed my new skimmer, chiller and a couple of other...
  12. A

PHYTO HARVESTING Question...

Marc and all, quick question. After harvesting the phyto and getting ready to start a new batch is it critical to start the new bottle by using half of the bottle of the just harvested phyto? Can I start the new bottle by only using less phyto? If yes how little can I go? Last time a got one 2...