Search results

1. E

Anemone at top of waterline

My rbt anemone has moved to the top near the waterline. Is it okay to do water change? It will be exposed until I fill the water back in. How long can it survive out of the water? Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  2. E

Anemone Splitting Takes A Long Time

My anemone is splitting and it's been 3 days. I noticed it on Monday morning. Based on my online research, it should be completed over night. I still see some tissue connecting. The feet are separated. One foot on bottom rock, the other foot on top rock. You can see the stretchy tissue in the...
  3. E

Mandarin Fish With Mouth Infection

I have a mandarin fish which has a mouth infection. It looks pretty bad. I think its mouth is gone! I can see its tongue. I just noticed it this morning. What is the treatment for this? What is the chance it will survive? Should I worry about other fish in the tank?
  4. E

CA Testing

I tried to test my water for calcium using API test kit. I did 3 times and failed to get a good result. Water is always pink. The more drop I put in, the darker the pink, but it never turns to purple/blue. I followed the instructions: 1. Rinse test bottle. 2. 5ml into the bottle, drop 10 drops...
  5. E

Help ID Some Corals

I got a couple corals from other members which I don't know their names. alt=""> alt=""> And a hitchhiker, brown polyps will retract if I touch it. alt="">
  6. E

Digitata dying

My digitata is suddenly dying. In the past two days the bottom parts are turning white. Is this because of montipora eating nudibranch? I can't see anything with my naked eyes. My water parameters are okay as far as amonia, nitrate and nitrate, zero or near zero. Other coral seems to be fine...
  7. E

Help ID Some Species in My Tank

I need help with identifying some species growing in my tank. This one is growing on a rock I got from another member. It looks like a hair algae, but I don't think it is. All the hair coming out from a single hole. ID-1.jpg White like dandelion. One on rock and one by the sand. ID-2.jpg...
  8. E

24G Nano Cube Build

As suggested by someone, I'm starting a build log of my tank. Tank is a used 24G JBJ Nano Cube DX. I put new pump using Maxi Jet 1200. alt=""> I created rock wall for the back. I used left-over acrylic sheet and pond foam. The foam is very sticky. It holds the rocks in place. It didn't turn...
  9. E

Macro Algae & Aeration Questions

I'm setting up a nano cube tank. Right now I'm cycling the water with some live rocks and sand. I plan to have a few fish and corals in it. I'm reading about people converting the back area to grow macro algae. I want to check whether this is a good idea or not. It doesn't seem there is a lot...
  10. E

New - Need some live rocks and sand

Hi All, I'm new to saltwater. I inherited a bare nano cube 24g with LED and filter, and some dry rock. I'm trying to get the tank up and running. I need some live rocks and sand. I wonder if anyone is willing to sell some amount of rocks/sand. I have question about the sand. Do I need some...