24G Nano Cube Build

eiki

Membership Expired
As suggested by someone, I'm starting a build log of my tank. Tank is a used 24G JBJ Nano Cube DX. I put new pump using Maxi Jet 1200.
IMAG0002.jpg
alt="">

I created rock wall for the back. I used left-over acrylic sheet and pond foam. The foam is very sticky. It holds the rocks in place. It didn't turn out as I expected in some part. If I could do it again, I would do it differently. But I think it's better than egg crate technique.
IMAG0043.jpg
alt="">

I replaced the original light because it didn't work anymore. I purchased DIY LED kit and installed it. I replaced the fans and drill holes on the hood for dimmer switches.
IMAG0044.jpg
alt="">

I also made a custom light cover using acrylic sheet.
IMAG0045.jpg
alt="">

I got live/dead rocks from different people and some live/dead sand from DNA store. I plan to have a thin sand bed.
IMAG0046.jpg
alt="">

Tank is cycling for a little over a week now. I have found a life form!
IMAG0061.jpg
alt="">
IMAG0060.jpg
alt="">

QUESTION: Should I remove the star fish?

Next to-do list:
Convert the back chamber to refugium and add some algae
Post a lot of newbie questions on this forum [smilie=lol.gif]

Thank you for checking my build.

I've heard if the top of it is grey to remove them. If the top is sand colored leave them be. I've left even the grey ones in my tank and I've never had a problem with them. My wife loves them, and anything that makes her love the tank more is stickin around!! :). I vote leave the starfish in! Lol

Good looking start. Stay patient. You'll do great.