Search results

1. D

Ammonia Spike I cant get rid of

So i have a 200g that has been established for about a year. I randomly added my livestock and built everything up, however when I would plan to add a fish I would also add a few pieces of rock to make a new cave and confuse my purple tang. I have about 150-180 lbs of live rock in my 220g tank...
  2. D

What did this to my anemone

So yesterday my Sherman BTA stayed deflated behind a rock all day. This morning he moved out and started to inflate and then I noticed something odd. It looks like dead flesh, the clowns are picking at the dark colored flesh and that small area of him won't inflate. I doubt this is what happens...
  3. D

Cloudy water...carbon reactor or UV

So i have recently upgraded from my 120 to a 210 reef tank. In the month and a half the new system has been running (using the existing rock and water from the previous tank) I have formed a pretty good bacteria bloom which is causing cloudy water. Now researching this I see people recommend...
  4. D

Thoughts on my setup and where to go from here

So i just upgraded from a 120 gal to a 210 reef tank. when I did the change over I used about as much of my water from the 120 as I could but that was only about 80 gallons. I had a small cycle (used API quick start) and finished through that and now im getting a little bit of diatoms on the...
  5. D

Yellow Tang and Purple tang....Thoughts

I have a medium size yellow tang who is a bit of an ass. He has toned down the attitude a bit lately. My other half wants a purple Tang. I have seen mixed reviews on keeping these two fish together. Im running a 125 with a regal blue tang and some anthias and a pair of clowns. Any suggestions on...
  6. D

chiller repair

I have a Teco TR20 chiller that keeps blowing fuses. Unit gets pretty hot too. My AC in my house went out yesterday and I cant keep my tank cool with this chiller blowing fuses. I already lost 5 fish so I hooked up my TR5 chiller to help. That was like throwing a water balloon at a house fire. I...
  7. D

Advise on skimmer

I am currently running a coralife super skimmer on my 120 gallon set up. One of the things I am trying to accomplish is having a somewhat clear water column. I went with the coralife skimmer because it is a HOB that takes up little room in my sump (in have a small footprint for a skimmer...
  8. D

Something eating my sponge coral.

So I have noticed these little pest eating groves in my red tree sponge coral. They look like Copepods but I could be wrong. Has anyone had this trouble before? My only guess is to go get a mandarin dragonet?
  9. D

Should I add a Calcium Reactor

I am in a big debate here on what to do. I dont really have problems with Cal and Alk, however my test kits conflitct from time to time and I do dose both somewhat often. I have a co worker looking to part with a Calcium reactor that I can get at a decent price. Should I buy one just to have...
  10. D

Halp! My tank is not right.

Ok so where do I start. I have a 120 gallon tank with a 20 gallon sump. I have about 100 lbs of live sand and 100 lbs of live rock. Skimmer, bio pellet reactor, chiller. Lighting is 2 AI sol blue fixtures. Tank is just over three months old. I bought most of the live rock from a member who was...
  11. D

New Tank Algae and filtration

So after keeping a nano I started a 120 gallon. I have about 100lbs of LR in there and 100 lbs of live sand. Over the top are two 250w metal halide lights. Down below is a 20 gal refugium with sand, rock, a coralife 120 skimmer, and I recently added a brs carbon reactor. The tak has been up for...