chiller repair

dfwflyr

Membership Expired
I have a Teco TR20 chiller that keeps blowing fuses. Unit gets pretty hot too. My AC in my house went out yesterday and I cant keep my tank cool with this chiller blowing fuses. I already lost 5 fish so I hooked up my TR5 chiller to help. That was like throwing a water balloon at a house fire. I get a new AC on Wednesday but I still need this TR20 to be reliable. Anyone know where I can get this fixed, or does anyone have a chiller sitting around they want to sell?

Its a 125 gallon tank. I have been using those freezer pack ice blocks. 4 of them the size of a half sheet of paper and an inch thick barely makes a difference.

Have you tried finding ceramic slo blow fuses? I know the JBJ chillers are very particular as to the fuses and some use a sand filled ceramic slo blow.

Get a cooler fill it with ice get some tubing and aqua lifter. Make some coils with the tubing in cooler and have tank water go through the tubing it should help cool the tank.

There is an official Teco chiller repair guy in the area whenever you are ready to get it fixed. For now, watch your tank closely until you can get the house AC fixed. You can buy bags of ice from the local supermarket or convenience store and float that in one-gallon ziplock bags. At the same time, freeze some 2-liter bottles of water so you can float these, rotating through them as they melt, replacing with frozen ones.