Search results

1. K

Small Copperband in Reef Aquarium

I have asked my LFS to pick me up a small CBB for me in the DFW area. My question is this....I have mainly SPS, but i also have a 2" Squamosa clam, Hawaiian Feather Duster, RBTA, and Candycane LPS along with some zoas and leathers. Will there be a problem with the CBB in this setting. There is...
  2. K

Green Dust Algae On Glass

I'm sure this has been posted a hundred times, but i am gonna ask again. I just cycled 50 lbs of fresh live rock from fiji and added it to my main display. My display had about 50 lbs in it and has been set up about 4 months. Some of the rock i have in there came from other peoples well...
  3. K

calcium precipitation

I just started dozing Kali using the drip method and started to notice my tank getting a little cloudy today. I mixed 1 tsp Kali with 2 lifer of water. I realized I made it to potent. I will use 1 tsp per 5 gallons next time. Anyway, my ph is still around 8.4 as it always is and my ca is at 420...
  4. K

Worried about my nem

This is what my nem looked like today. It opens up fully during the day until around 4pm and then does this and sucks in alot. What is going on and what do i need to do. First pic is what it normally looks like. Second pic is tonight. anemone.jpg Anemone 1 11-12-12.jpg
  5. K

Euro Reef RS-135 Setup

I bought a used euro reef 135 that i placed in my sump at 7 in and when i open the standpipe and the air valve all the way open, the pump rattles alot. If i close off the air little by little it will stop. What is going on here?? And also i have alot of bubbles coming from the exit tube of the...
  6. K

Salt on the Glass

I do not have my sump up and running yet, so no ATO. I have to top off about 2.5 gallons every two days. My water got about 2 in low and now i have salt on my glass at the top that looks very tacky. How do i get it off??
  7. K

What Kind Of Paly???

What kind of paly is this. It has a bright green center and green and brown stripes out to the edges. Kinda hard to see in the photo. Paly.jpg
  8. K

Pink Birdsnest Growth??

I am starting to see small white spots on the side of the tall part of my frag. Does it grow out of the side like that or mostly just split at the ends? Here is a pic of it. You can see the growth on the tips, just wanting to know what the spots on the side are. Thanks everyone. Pink BN with...
  9. K

A Little Progress On the 90 Gal

A pic while cycling... tank89.jpg And a pic today after MH and T5 custom hood. Planning on putting HURLEY across the front at the top. (My last name)Tank 11-12.jpg Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone for all the help.
  10. K

Pink Birdsnest Color

I got a pink birdsnest about 3 weeks ago and it has been brown the whole time it has been in my tank. It was brown when i got it, but figured it just had to acclimate to my lights. I am running 2 250w MH 15000k, 1 54w fiji purple, and 2 54w ati blue. I run my MH around 8 hrs a day and the rest...
  11. K

New Pair

How do you like the new pair i picked up today??? Black Clowns.jpg
  12. K

What am I???

anemone.jpg
  13. K

Under My 90 Gal

Just a pic of behind the scenes. Don't have it plumbed yet. What do you think about the homemade holders on the doors?? Under Cabinet.jpg
  14. K

Devils hand? Zoa ID(If Possible)

Looking for info on this coral. Person who gave it to me only said it was a leather. Looks kinda like a devil's hand.006.JPG 060.JPG
  15. K

First Night of Fragging

So tonight I dove into the world of fragging. Read a lot about it and finally got the nerve to do some cutting. I cut four polyps of green dragon eye zoas. Piece of cake. Then cut some unknown zoas of a piece of live rock I bought. Cut one brown polyp. Don't know what kind. Then I took a piece...
  16. K

ceramic tile piece for frag plug??

I have a whole box of ceramic tiles and a tile cutting bit for my dremel. So. Can I cut it into smaller pieces and glue some zoas on it? Will it leach out anything in my tank?
  17. K

xenia missing after first night

Got some xenia from a friend and it was all gone except for one head this morning. My hermits tugged a little at the kenya tree so i think it might have eaten it or pulled it up. Will the one head grow to produce more xenia, and how long before i see some growth. I know it has to do with tank...
  18. K

Kenya Tree and Leather???

I just got a few frags of kenya tree from a friend. They are opening up, but not standing up like when i took them out of his tank. He only had t5 lights and i have metal halides. Could this be why they are not acting right?? I also got a 4 in leather stalk from him that was floating around on...
  19. K

Kent Marine SI RO/DI

I recently bought a Kent Marine SI RO/DI that needs all new filters. I looked at a pakage of filters for it and they run around $85. I noticed other ro/di filters were alot cheaper. Can i interchange filters??? And if i can which ones would you recommend? Thanks Everyone
  20. K

Fish Disappearing

I had 2 blue yellow tail damsels in my 90 gal until i put a 3.5 in red bar hawkfish in there. One vanished about three days ago and i came home to just the hawkfish in the tank. Did the hawkfish eat them? Seems like that would be a mouthful for him. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks