Search results

1. R

Tideline Sump

30x16x15 Tideline Sump $300 Located in Denton
  2. R

AI Vega, Bonsai Liverock, frag racks, etc.... MUST GO!!!

Im no longer in the hobby, so looking to get rid of my remaining dry stock. Located in Denton, work in Irving.  Frag rack custom made for a IM30 fusion. Holds 124 frags.hanging frag rack - holds 18 fragsAI Vega - (one blue led stopped working, and needs fan replaced) $100Bonsai Aquatecture...
  3. R

Linking Sol and Vega??

Does anyone know how to link an AI Sol and Vega? I've merged two tanks and have the Sol running wired to the controller. The controller itself is wireless, so I would think I would be able to buy the wireless chip for the Sol and be good to go, (the vega is currently not on a controller, just a...
  4. R

Modules for Apex

Just wondering which modules most people add on to their apex for their needs. I have a full setup in the mail, and was just trying to see how much more $$$ this things gonna cost me to get where I need to be. :) I have a Unique Led fixture, that I'm not sure if it can be plugged in to a WXM (I...
  5. R

Anyone used this T5/LED hybrid?

Wondering if anyone had any knowledge on these guys? http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=24532&cmpid=03csegpl&ref=6111&subref=AA&CAWELAID=1271170532&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=530005150000091186&cadevice=t
  6. R

Pods need Overnight shipping?

Just wondering if it's necessary to ship pods express ($39.99) or if they'll be fine 2-3 day ($19.99)? Thanks
  7. R

Nudi ID

Not sure what species it is, if anyone has any knowledge on it, I would appreciate it. Thanks! alt=""> alt="">
  8. R

How much flow is too much?

How much flow should there be going on inside the tank? Obviously there's lots of variables such as aquascaping, types of coral, pump placement, etc etc, but I've been wondering if I'm using too much flow? Tank is 36x 18x18 and I have a mix of corals throughout and im currently using two MP10s...
  9. R

Bonding glass and acrylic/PVC

Ok, so I've done some research about this, but don't like what I'm finding. ;) Everything I've read seems more related to people wanting to DIY a glass/acrylic tank on a larger scale, but I'm just wanting to attach/seal a bottom to a 13g rimless tank. The bottom is glass and pretty certain not...
  10. R

New Light Rack

Well, almost 6 months after setting the tank up, finally got my light rack built and mounted. A buddy of mine made the base and arms, and I took care of light mounts and paint. Each arm independently telescopes a foot higher than its lowest position (2" above water line) and each light swivels...
  11. R

Best LEDs for 36" depth

Looking for the best LED option to light 36" deep tank. Tanks aprox 72x30x36. Just looking to be able to grow the basic leathers and softies, no SPS. Looking to swap to get rid of the MH/T5. Just looking to be dimmable and work with apex. Any opinions always appreciated. Gracias!
  12. R

Just a couple pics

Just because.... :) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371220386.089367.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371220402.555580.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371220418.091263.jpg
  13. R

To bust or not to bust...?

Dipped some frags last night, and noticed some bubbles when I came home today. I somewhat poked on em to see if they'd float up, but they almost seemed "jelly". Not sure if its an air pocket anymore or not. Any advice? Thanks. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369443636.293872.jpg alt="">
  14. R

Hitch hiker ID?

Seems to be 2 of these guys. They're a dark grey/ black color with small bumps on the back. Not too mobile, theyve been in the same area for awhile. Looks like a snail, nudibranch, slug, etc but I have no idea what they are. Anyone else seen em? (Best pics I can do.)...
  15. R

AI Sol placement

I feel like I'm over analyzing this, but since each unit is covering an 18x18" footprint it shouldn't matter whether the unit is parallel or perp with the tank, right? Looking to design a light mount from EZTube and would prefer to have the lights perpendicular with tank (cords would exit the...
  16. R

Softy stings

So I came home to an acro knocked off and being stung by a torch, should I leave it or clip the tip of that branch off? Same ordeal with a superman monti frag knocked down onto a frogspawn. It's color is coming back within the 20 mins I've moved it back so I'm just gonna leave it be, but geeze...
  17. R

Couple new pieces

Meteor Shower cyphastrea ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364682571.687319.jpg Hawaiin Ding Dang's (PE) *super sweet under actinics, however iPhone won't produce lol* ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364682628.934090.jpg
  18. R

SOLs lunar lights?

Just crossed my mind, can you program the SOL to have the RB set super low as lunars, or how does everyone else accomplish some lunar setup? Might be easy as program the SOL, haven't got them out of the box long enough to play with em. Jw. Thanks.
  19. R

DIY Apex setup?

Going to be building a new stand soon and was wondering what kind of space/room is used with an Apex and all of its components. Would it be best to create a couple shelfs, or flat panels, etc? I know I recall seeing the little 'modules' being 4-5"x2-3"x1-2", or something close? If anyone has...
  20. R

Maxspect Razor R420R?

Anyone using the Maxspect Razor R420R? Looking at options for new lighting and would prefer to stay away from 2x AI or Radion as that's a lot more $$$$$$$. :) I know there was some other posts, they never got much feedback, so hopefully there's been some experience now. ;) ;) ;) My footprint...