DIY Apex setup?

ReefJunky

Premium Member
Going to be building a new stand soon and was wondering what kind of space/room is used with an Apex and all of its components. Would it be best to create a couple shelfs, or flat panels, etc? I know I recall seeing the little 'modules' being 4-5"x2-3"x1-2", or something close? If anyone has some pics of how they have everything tucked away, that'd be great. Go ahead, SHOW IT OFF!! :) :) :)

I would say for almost all the add ons you will need 10"x 16" only reason for 10" is for the dc8 (plug in center). I mounted mine on the support post for the stand. Will get some pictures tomorrow.

Sent from inside the shark tank!

The EB8 does take up quite a bit of space, I have mine mounted on the side of the stand that I built. The size of that area is roughly 12"x28"x3". Razor blade shown should give you an idea. Below you may barely see it behind all the plugs, lol. I also mounted the other thingy above the sump onto the 2x4 and the controller is on the wall.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Mine could be more tidy, to be sure. The electronics are screwed to a board, and the plugs are behind it.

apex_gear.jpg
alt="">

apex_gear-3.jpg
alt="">

It can always be better, in my opinion. :) Lindsey should post her Apex setup that she shared that the meeting. It was a good method too.

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361500706.379752.jpg[/attachment]
The plugs below are for all the LEDs ran off one plug on the dc8
Sent from inside the shark tank!