Search results

1. L

What's up with the site?

So what is going on with the site? I used to frequent the old site a lot and stopped getting on very often for the past year or so - now when I come back the whole site is different. It says I registered last month, but I've been a member for at least 4 or 5 years now. It also says I have 0...
  2. L

My tank shattered today and I need some help

Hey Guys, I was moving my tank to my new house today and tugged on a pipe too hard and it shattered the whole back glass. I have all of my stuff in tubs and a bucket right now until I can figure out what to do tank wise. I haven't renewed my membership in a while, so I can't post in the WTB...
  3. L

Need Some Help w/ Algae

I have had a problem with this crap for the past moth. I have a 40B with 20L sump. I run my leds 8 hours a day, have 2 clowns, a leopard wrasse and a lawnmower blenny. Nitrates are at .5 and Phosphates are at .02 as of Monday. I need to know if you guys can ID it and give me a strategy to beat...
  4. L

Need Some Info on Mars Aqua Light ASAP

I'm finishing my stand today, but my light isn't going to be here until Monday. I need to know the measurement in between the two points that the fixture hangs from, so that I know how far apart to mount the posts on my stand to hang the light. Anyone that has this light, let me know as soon as...
  5. L

40 Breeder Build

I got out of the hobby a couple of years ago, and started back again a couple of months ago with a custom 10 gallon that I did myself. I have always wanted a 40 breeder, so I picked one up during the most recent dollar per gallon sale at Petco and finally got started on it this week. I'll list...
  6. L

Help w/ LED Setup

Hey Guys, So I got the RapidLED 12 LED kit with the Meanwell 60 48D and I got it running pretty good for the first few weeks my tank was setup, but then I started wanting to be able to dim the whites (6) and blues (6) separately. I remembered I had a spare Meanwell 60 48D lying around, so I got...
  7. L

Having Trouble with Cycle

Hi Guys, I have been out of the hobby for a while, but just got back into it with a 10 gallon. It's been going pretty good so far for the most part. I did a lot of DIY work on it, from the stand to a custom overflow and the LEDs. DIY stuff doesn't usually work the way I plan, so I've been...
  8. L

Help With Meanwell D Driver

Hey Guys, It's been a long time since I've posted here. I've been thankless for quite some time now, but I've decided to start up a 10g nano reef and get back in the game. I ordered an LED retrofit kit from Rapid LED. I got everything wired up tonight, but couldn't get the lights working. I...
  9. L

Cyano and Phosphates

I've been having an issue with cyano and hair algae taking over my tank. I've tried everything to get rid of it. I run GFO, I do water changes, I've tried lights out for a few days and I've tried chemi clean. The chemi clean and lights out worked for a couple days and then it just comes back...
  10. L

Tank Issues

Hey Guys, I am having some issues with my tank and I need some advice on what to do. I will give you the info on my tank first and then tell you what the issues are. I have a 120 gallon that has been up for going on 4-5 months now. I run 2 250w metal halides, ATI Bubblemaster skimmer, refuigum...
  11. L

LED to MH Swap

Hey Guys, I figured I'd make a thread on here about my swap from LED's to MH since it is a pretty big area of debate. I have been in the hobby for over a year now and I have been through T5's, LED's and now I'm trying MH's. I had 50 LED's over my 120 gallon (48x24x24) and they just weren't...
  12. L

MH Questions

I have 48 LED's over my 120 (48x24x24) right now, but I see all of these other tanks running halides and I feel like the corals look so much brighter, happier and grow so much faster than they do under my LED's. I am probably going to take my 24 blue LED's and run them as actinic supplements. A...
  13. L

Apex and Meanwells

How do I control my Meanwell's with the Apex? I'm ordering one soon and I'm curious. I know they'll be powered the same way, but how does the dimming work? Do you do away with the dimming knobs I'm using now or what? How exactly does it work?
  14. L

LED/Meanwell Driver Help

I am having an issue with my LED's. A while back one of my blue arrays went out, so last weekend I took them off my tank and checked and made sure everything was wired up correctly and there weren't any loose wires; there weren't and everything is wired up right. The array is working, but it...
  15. L

Housing 2 Clown Species

Alright I have a question and need some advice on housing two clown species in the same tank. My tank is a 120 gallon. I have an SRBTA with a pair of True Perc's in my tank right now and I just added a carpet anemone about a week ago. I was at the fish store today and they had a mated pair of...
  16. L

My New Carpet Anemone

Hey Guys, I just wanted to share some pics of my new green carpet anemone. Let me know what you think! alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt="">
  17. L

Help Fixing LED's

I have a DIY Cree LED fixture over my 120 and something happened recently that I can't figure out. One of the arrays quit working out of no where and since I'm not the one that originally put it together I need someone's help figuring out what the problem is and fixing it. I can pay someone in...
  18. L

SRBTA Split

Hey Guys, I woke up this morning to find that my SRBTA is in the process of splitting. I didn't have time to take any pictures because I was leaving for work, but I now have two SRBTA's. The original one came from Matt and I got it about 4 or so months ago. It still hasn't completely finished...
  19. L

LED Setup Ideas and Opinions Needed

Alright so I am leaning towards LED's for my new 120 gallon setup and I need some input on what to go with. What setup color wise? (how many blues, whites, reds, violets?) What size heat sink should I get? The kit comes with 60 degree optics if that helps. I'm going with the 72 LED kit from...
  20. L

T5 Ballast Opinion

I'm planning my 120 gallon and I'm going to do an 8 bulb T5 retro. I found this ballast here and it would be awesome to just get two of these to run all 8 lamps. What do you guys think about it? http://m.prolighting.com/ve454mvhrp.html