Tank Issues

Hey Guys,

I am having some issues with my tank and I need some advice on what to do. I will give you the info on my tank first and then tell you what the issues are.

I have a 120 gallon that has been up for going on 4-5 months now. I run 2 250w metal halides, ATI Bubblemaster skimmer, refuigum and GFO in a Phosban 150 reactor. I have 2 clowns, one spotted mandarin, a Vlamingi tang, a Sailfin tang, a Diamond Goby, and a pistol shrimp and Hi Fin pair. My temperature goes from 78-80 throughout the day and I run my lights 8 hours a day. I just tested my water tonight and these were my results:
- Ammonia 0
- Nitrate 0
- Phosphate 0
- Calcium 420
- dkh 6

I know my dkh is low, but I don't really know how to fix it. I'd like some advice on that.

But my main problem is ALGAE and CYANO. Cyano has been the bane of my existence I swear. I have tried everything to get rid of it and it won't go away. My water params are good, so I don't understand. I have tried Chemi Clean and it works for a few days to a week and then it just starts to come back. Same thing with keeping my lights off for a couple days, it will go away and then come back.

It's the most frustrating thing in the world. I'd like some help on figuring on what I need to do to fix this problem.

Thanks.

High flow should help with cyno and where are your mag levels? If your mag is above 1300, then I'd recommend raising your alk up a couple points via dosing.
Cyno should go away with good flow and healthy water.

I have a lot of flow. I don't have a Mag test kit or I'd test them.

I have a nano Tunze on one side and a Korlia 5 or 6 in the middle bouncing off of the front glass.

Thats really not a lot of flow. The low alk means low ph which makes it easier for some of the nuisance stuff to strive. As mentioned, get the mg levels tested and in range if necessary and then slowly bring up the alk level's.

Cheers,

I agree this two pumps are not enough flow prob two more koralias would be perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take your water to a LFS and ask them to test it for you, or come over with a sample of water and i will test it for ya. I Also have a Couple of K3's if you want to borrow them to see if this will fix your issue. Also what kinda salt are you using. Let me know if i can help ya. Good Luck.

I make my own top off water and put Prime in it as well. I run a 4 stage BRS RO/DI.

I buy my saltwater from DNA.

I feed every other day, a cube of Cyclopeeze and a cube of PE Mysis.

I would highly suggest making your own saltwater. I tested rodi from a couple of LFS and both places had over 100 TDS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk