Search results

1. G

Free: 20G Long Aquarium

It was used as a sump and will need a little cleaning but is otherwise in good condition. I'm moving and will be upgrading to a larger sump when I setup a new tank. Located near Flower Mound.
  2. G

Free: Emerald Crabs, mushroom corals, and snails

All items are spoken for. Not sure how to mark the thread as "closed" in the new system. :)
  3. G

Moving - Bengai Cardinal, GPS, Xenia, Mushrooms, and cleanup crew

All items have been spoken for now. Thanks.
  4. G

Free: Emerald Crabs, mushroom corals, and snails

I still have the following from my tank teardown that are ready to go. I need them to get a home ASAP, so if someone wants all of this and can pick it up tonight, it's free. Location is near Flower Mound. 2 Emerald crabs (1 large, 1 small) Small rock with some mushrooms 2 loose mushrooms A...
  5. G

Moving Sale - Cardinal, cleaner shrimp, GSP, Xenia, Mushrooms, Clean Up Crew

I'm getting ready to move out of state and, sadly, there's just no way I can take the livestock in my small 25g IM Lagoon tank with me.  I have the following that need to find a good home.     Bengai Cardinal - $10 Cleaner Shrimp - $10 GSP - Approximate 10" x 8" when fully expanded. - $10 Xenia...
  6. G

Moving - Bengai Cardinal, GPS, Xenia, Mushrooms, and cleanup crew

I'm getting ready to move out of state and, sadly, there's just no way I can take the livestock in my small 25g IM Lagoon tank with me.  I have the following that need to find a good home.     Bengai Cardinal - $10 Cleaner Shrimp - $10 GSP - Approximate 10" x 8" when fully expanded. - $10 Xenia...
  7. G

Neptune Apex - AFS Feeder - $50

This was used off and on when I travelled.  Works good.  Comes with a 3D printed feeding "ring" designed to attach to the feeder.  Can easily be removed if you don't want it. Located near Flower Mound.  Can meet anywhere around Flower Mound, Lewisville, or Grapevine. PM here if interested...
  8. G

14g BioCube - Tank Only - $20

This is the smaller 14g BioCube.  Lid is included, but the stock lights were removed and LEDs put in.  These were home built LEDs, 50/50 white and blue.  I also have the two Meanwell drivers that powered them, however I have no idea if they still work and no idea now what the specs are on them...
  9. G

Used 50g (36x18x18) Rimless Tank FS - $100

I downsized about a year ago and this aquarium has been sitting in my workshop ever since.   As the title says, it's 36"x18"x18".  It's a rimless tank built by Planet Aquarium.  Low iron glass.  Back glass is painted black on the exterior.  Dual return holes and a Module Marine external overflow...
  10. G

WTB: Kessil A160WE Tuna Sun

I'm looking for a Kessil that's the "Tuna Sun" version.  Either buy outright or would trade for an A160WE Tuna Blue that I have.  I'm using the light over some mangroves so I'd prefer the more "yellow" spectrum from the Tuna Sun.   I figured I'd see if someone here had one before I bought a new one.
  11. G

New Tropic Eden Reefflakes Sand - 5g Bucket - $20

While getting ready to move I came across a 5g bucket of Tropic Eden Reefflakes sand that I'm not going to use.  This was the extra sand from when I setup my tank and when I move I'm going to go with a smaller grain.  This went from the bag it came in straight into plastic bucket and has been...
  12. G

Tank Move Recomendations

So has anyone here hired one of the local stores to move your tank that you'd recommend?  I'll be moving in a few weeks and with all the other details involved in moving from one town to another I've decided to just pay someone to move the aquarium.  Thanks!Grant
  13. G

WTB: Pink Birdsnest and Red Monti Cap

Like the subject says I'm looking for pink birdsnest or red monti cap frags, preferably somewhere in the Irving/Copell/Mid-Cities area.  It doesn't need to be a big frag, so if you've broken off a piece while cleaning your tank let me know.  :)
  14. G

Anyone Used a Roller Mat?

This might be a long shot but has anyone here used the Theilling Roller Mat?  I think Reef Octopus is coming out with their version, too, soon.   It seems like a great idea (compared to filter socks, at least) but I'd like to hear how it works from someone who actually owns one.   Thanks.  
  15. G

Male Hoeven's (Melanurus) Wrasse - $40

I hate to do it since he's probably my favorite fish in the tank, but I need to find a new home for my Melanurus Wrasse.   LiveAquaria lists them as reef safe "with caution", and that's been my experience:  With Caution.  He hasn't ever bothered any corals but he does pick on very small...
  16. G

PAR Meter and Lighting Questions

I currently have the club PAR meter and have measured the readings in several parts of my tank. ?They aren't drastically different since my tank is only 18" deep but that wasn't any surprise. ? I'm running two Kessil A160WE pendants. ?What I'm having a hard time figuring out is what the readings...
  17. G

Refugium Reactors

I'm in the process of building a new sump, due to some design issues with my current?one. ? It?has?the primary drain going to one end of the sump where the skimmer is and the secondary drain going to the other end which was intended to be a refugium. ?The return section is in the middle. ? The...
  18. G

RODI Auto Shutoff Valve Not Working

A few weeks ago, I noticed that the water on my RODI system was continuing to run even after my storage container was full. ?I have a float valve on the storage container and an auto shutoff valve on the system that's always worked fine until now. ?I also have manual valves to turn shut off the...
  19. G

Read/Unread Topics

Is there a way to identify which posts you've already read and which are unread? ? Am I just not seeing it? ??
  20. G

SPS Losing Color

I've been researching this for a little while now and have read all kinds of different suggestions so I decided to do what I probably should have done first: ask on DFWMAS. All of my SPS corals were purchased as frags from other users here. They all looked great for a little while, and they've...