Search results

1. P

tank overrun by Majanos

My main tank has become overrun by Majanos. I've used and used Joe's juice and the Majano wand, but those buggers keep coming back with more and more each time. The Majano bases are in small holes in rock, so when I use the wand they just shrink up into the hole and I can't get at them. They...
  2. P

Reef tank crashing

I'm posting this for a friend. Three days ago her 200 gallon reef tank went belly up. She tells me that the tank looked great (which it always does) then about a half hour later she noticed that all the corals leather and hard had closed up. Six anemones have disappeared. All the mushrooms and...
  3. P

request for advice on fish to keep with LED lighting

I had an outbreak of velvet and lost all my fish a couple of months back. As I let the reef sit fallow, to make sure that nasty stuff was past its life-cycle. I decided to change out my reef lighting to LED. All I can say is WOW. The colors never popped like this under atintics. That brings me...
  4. P

help id item growing in my zoa's

I need some help in making an ID. I have some zoa's that have something growing around them. The items are very small, about 1/4" tall with what looks like a rusty yellow pom pom top. One head per stalk. Here is a pic. I'm hoping to find out if these things are okay, or if I need to look into...
  5. P

need help with LED optics

I'm putting together my LED light fixture, and I've run into a minor issue. I hope someone here can help me out. I'm putting 40 deg optics on the led, and the optics won't stay on the white LED. The royal blue and green LED do hold the optics but do so very loosely. I'm using Cree XR-E Q5 for...
  6. P

question on feeding snails and crabs

I had what I think was a Marine Velvet outbreak in my 120 gallon reef tank. Sorry to say I lost all my fish. I am now letting the reef tank sit for 6 weeks before trying to add new fish. For the reef I add Combisan, Marinesnow, cylop-eez, Strontium, and Iodine. My mushrooms, zoas, yellow...
  7. P

looking to buy a new tank stand

My new 120 gal tank from glasscages just arrived, but I ran into an issue. I had planned on reusing my old stand made by Oceanic, but my new tank has an internal overflow. To put in the 1 1/2" bulkhead I would need to cut almost 2" out of the 2"x4" that runs across the back of the stand, thus...
  8. P

quick questions on sump DIY

Hi all, I'm about to try my hand at the sump building using acrylic thing. I have some questions that I have not found in searching any of the different sites. 1. when using the pin method during solvent welding, do you put the pins all the way across the joint so that you can grasp the pin...