request for advice on fish to keep with LED lighting

I had an outbreak of velvet and lost all my fish a couple of months back. As I let the reef sit fallow, to make sure that nasty stuff was past its life-cycle. I decided to change out my reef lighting to LED. All I can say is WOW. The colors never popped like this under atintics. That brings me to my need for advice on fish that really show under the Royal Blue and Green led. Right now I have two firefish gobies as test subjects for the velvet. Fingers crossed two weeks and looking good so far. The firefish have some small blue spots on their heads that have some glow if your close to the tank, but I would like to add some really eye popping fish. Does anybody have recommendations? Thanks

LED setup
48 Royal Blue Cree 3 watt LED with 40 deg optics
48 White Cree 3 watt LED with 40 deg optics
8 Green Cree 3 watt LED with 80 deg optics

Tank is 120 gallon, 4ft by 2ft by 2ft with 10 different types of zoas,
4 different types of mushrooms, yellow toadstool, and yellow polyps

Barbonius anthias will look really cool, the blue eyed cardinals along with other cardinals such as the red spot cardinal will also look nice and are easier on the pocketbook.

http://www.reefhotspot.com/store/popup_image.php?pID=3573&osCsid=0b4728988cbf8eb9fe8be2eacb05cfb7

http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/cat/infoL3/23729/category.web

Cheers,

not really. using the 40deg optics gives the intensity of a 250w MH. You need to make sure you have lots of overlap or you get spotlighting. The reef looks like a 70s blacklight poster. Much nicer looking than with atintics. Now to find some fish that look good under the Royal blue. On another board someone said a Huma Huma triggerfish looks awesome under LED, but no way would I put that guy in my 120gal reef. I like my shrimp and crabs too much to do that to them.

That is way too many LEDs for that size tank.

My diy led fixture for my 150 gallon tank 48L x 30 W x 24 T will only have 48 Cree LEDs mixture of royal blue, blue and neutral white. With 4 meanwell drivers. And this is for a 100% sps tank and this amount of LEDs is way more than enough. For a softies tank you could go with less LEDs and use 60 degree optics or not even use optics. If this is softies tan you don't that much par to grow softies coral just worry about color. With that many LEDs you would fry your corals

Who told you to go with that many LEDs. If you go the way you are planning that would be 8+ meanwell drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came up with that number, from reading about other peoples builds, and using an led calculator. Everything in the tank looks to be happy. Everything is fully open, and I'm starting to see new growth. The LEDs have been running for three weeks now, no problems at all. Granted I'm very new to the LED scene, but I feel your not going to be happy with the number of LEDs your planning on. Without narrow optics the light will not reach very far into the tank. But this is all a discussion for another forum.

I wish the people who have been using LEDs for some time would post what fish really show up great under the Royal blue. I see people on other boards asking the same thing. I've emailed different fish suppliers and they all respond back that they don't use LED lighting and have no idea. The only fish someone stated looks GREAT, is the Huma Huma Triggerfish. But I'm not putting one of them in the tank, as I like my shrimp, and crabs.

I am going to keep school blue reef chromis and some blue yellow tail damsels. These both pop under actinics. Hawaiin flame wrasses look good also under blue leds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk