Reef tank crashing

I'm posting this for a friend.
Three days ago her 200 gallon reef tank went belly up. She tells me that the tank looked great (which it always does) then about a half hour later she noticed that all the corals leather and hard had closed up. Six anemones have disappeared. All the mushrooms and polyps had closed and shrunk up. She looked again about an hour later and the reef was not looking good. She performed a large water change and put two magnums running charcoal on the tank. The next day when she checked the tank, it looked very bad. So she took a water sample up to a local shop and had them test it. The shop ran all the tests and everything was checking out fine. The only item was the ph was .4 low. They could find nothing wrong with the water. I went over today and the reef looks bad, the leather corals have strings of stuff peeling off. Its not like any kind of sloughing I have every seen. Everything is closed. I smelled the water and there is no bad smell. By the way all the fish in the tank are doing great, its just the reef that's crashing. Today two urchins died and where being picked at by the crabs. She does not keep anything that would kill off the tank if it died. She did not want to have worry about that. Side note protein skimmer is running normal, not overflowing. We are all at a loss for what is happening and what to do next. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Stray voltage, what brand carbon, if she is running mh check to see if bulbs outer shield is cracked, what temp is the tank been pretty hot last couple days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi kuyatwo,
She just checked and found 110 vac from tank to ground. Looks like this is going to be the issue. She is now checking to find which item is shorting. Do you think the reef has a chance of recovering or will this be a lost reef?

Thanks
man I can't believe none of us thought to check that. Its always the simply stuff that gets ya.

I would throw in a poly filter in there see what color it turns

You might test for ammonia if you haven't already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk