Search results

1. E

Anemone's Stickiness

Over Christmas, I set up an auto-feeder and visited my parents. When I returned, my anemone lost all of it's tentacles. I assumed it was starving and it started to eat it's own tentacles. Over the past couple of months, I've been nursing it back to health and his tentacles are around 1" now...
  2. E

Asterina starfish problems..

I've always had a lot of asterina starfish in my tank. Lately; however, I've been noticing the decline in their population. Today I witnessed that my orange linkia is actually feeding on them!! I've sat and witnessed the whole entire thing. Anyone else notice something like this?
  3. E

Coral ID

Picked this up recently and was wondering what it was. I'm referring to the sps in the pic alt="">
  4. E

Killing sponge

Is there a quick and easy way to kill sponges? I have a black sponge that is slowly taking over my blastos colony.
  5. E

Transferring tank to a slightly bigger tank.

I am moving my tank to Denton this Sunday. In the mean time I will be transferring everything from my 20g to a custom 30g. I will be using new sand and all of my old rocks and water.. I will add new saltwater to top off the tank. My question is will I experience any cycle? I want to move all of...
  6. E

Good or bad?

I've had this for quite a while now. I'm not sure if this is a good anemone or a bad one. Hopefully you guys will know the answer. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371939061.557290.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371939077.866752.jpg
  7. E

Question and complaint about a LFS

The only other fish stores around that area is in FTW.. Franks Tank is a great store and great customer service. Same goes with Fish2morrow. I would be more than happy to test your water for you. I live in South Grand Prairie right by Joe Pool lake, so I'm not that far from Mansfield. I'm...
  8. E

Clownfish diet.

I have a pair of maroon clownfish that are very healthy; however, they're not like other clowns that I have owned. They don't go crazy over food. There is only one certain type of brand and food that they will eat... Ocean Nutrition prime reef flakes. I have tried quite a lot of different...
  9. E

ID help

Hey guys.. not too sure what this sps is. Hopefully someone will be able to id it. Thanks
  10. E

Sick clown

I noticed this white patch on my clown for a couple of days now. It started off really small. I didn't think anything of it and brushed it off. I just thought he got stung by the plate coral (that's what he's hosting). He's acting the same. Still eats a lot and swims normally. Can anyone...
  11. E

20g L

Hey guys, I haven't posted any pictures since I've set up this tank. So here are some pictures. Enjoy. Tank inhabitants: Cherub Pygmy Angel Pair of Misbar Maroon's Tail Spot Blenny Fire Shrimp 2 Sexy Shrimp
  12. E

Plate coral moving?

Everyday my plate coral is up against the glass. Part of it expands onto the glass when it is fully expanded. Also, every single day I move it away from the glass about 2-3 inches. When the lights come back on, it is back up against the glass. I didn't know these corals have the ability to move...
  13. E

Anemone Losing Color

Hey guys, I have a quick question. What would cause an anemone to lose it's color? Too much light? or too little? I have two anemone, a RBTA and a GBTA. The RBTA is flourishing in my tank and is absolutely stunning. The GBTA; however, is not doing all that well. It lost all of it's color and is...
  14. E

Coral ID

Not too sure on the id of this coral. It was sold to me as a lobo, but the lobo's I've seen aren't as colorful. Can someone verify?
  15. E

Sexy Shrimp Question

Planning on picking up a couple of sexy shrimps for my reef tank. Can anyone share their experience with these little guys? I've read mix things about them. Some are saying they're reef safe and some are saying they're not.
  16. E

Clam Help!!

I've had my clam for quite some time. It is roughly 6-7'' Deresa. Today I noticed it was having a hard time opening. I lifted it up and discovered that the bottom of the clam isn't intake. As in whatever held the outer shells together fell apart. I would really love to take pictures, but I don't...
  17. E

Nassarius eggs!

Saw my nassarius laying eggs this morning, but didn't have time to take pictures until now.
  18. E

are Dendro's Aggressive?

My monti cap is growing closer and closer to my dendro... Just wondering if the Dendro have stinging capabilities..
  19. E

Newly Mixed SW contains ammonia reading??

I just bought a new bucket of IO and after mixing my saltwater for 24+ hr, I tested to make sure it was okay to use. I've tested it at least five times with the same readings for all. I keep getting .25 ppm. I've tested my RO that I use for mixing it's 0 ppm. Any thoughts on what causes this? Is...
  20. E

SRBTA question

I bought a Sherman last week and the first couple of days it was doing great! It looked nice and bubbly. Ever since the clown started hosting it, it's been going downhill. The clownfish is 2" and the anemone is about 3"-4" big. Half of the anemone is losing it's tentacles, whereas the other half...