Clownfish diet.

I have a pair of maroon clownfish that are very healthy; however, they're not like other clowns that I have owned. They don't go crazy over food. There is only one certain type of brand and food that they will eat... Ocean Nutrition prime reef flakes.

I have tried quite a lot of different varieties of food:
Rods food
frozen mysis
frozen brine
frozen marine cuisine / emerald entree
other flakes and pellets..

None of those seem to work. The clowns just aren't interested in them. I've also tried adding garlic to the food and letting it soak. Still I got nothing. The reason I am posting this is because I would like the clowns to have an assortment of foods, not just one. Also, I would like them to potentially start breeding. From my understanding, clowns breed if they're on a very healthy/variety of diets. Is there anything I can do to get them to start accepting different foods?

Thanks

Mix foods together. I always mix foods. I use like 6 types of frozen cubes and some other random foods with a few drops of garlic. All my fish go crazy for the food. Mix it up then put it in ice cube tray then feed it over time.

Sent from inside the shark tank!

Maybe the prime flakes are really good, and they are spoiled for only eating that? My clowns will eat everything, so I don't know what you would do.

You could not feed them for a couple days. Hunger might entice them to eat some other food.

@M@! wrote:
You could not feed them for a couple days. Hunger might entice them to eat some other food. said:
I've thought about doing that, but then I felt bad for the other tank inhabitants.. I also have a tail spot blenny and a pygmy angel, which I might add, needs to be fed at least one time a day. I don't want the angel [smilie=smile.gif] to develop a liking to corals.

Feed algea to angel on non meat food day. My clowns eat some of the algea. Or if they dont eat what you feed too bad for them.

Sent from inside the shark tank!

I'm going to have to try that. Keep the clowns starving for a few days and feed algae to the angels. thanks guys.