Search results

1. L

Nuisance Starfish (Asterina sp.)

alt=""> When I Googled them I saw several reports of them eating sps, is there any truth to this? Anything besides a Harlequin shrimp get rid of these damn things? I have always had them in my tanks, but I had never kept SPS before. I got a very nice frag of Blue Bottle Brush from a member and...
  2. L

My Latest additions

Picked up a few fish today. I got two Cleaner Wrasse, two Dispar Anthias, and a Moorish Idol, (hopefully he gets along with everyone and eats) They are acclimating in a bucket with a drip right now, will add to tank after lights go out for the night. And I will update with pics of them in the...
  3. L

My Latest additions from D-Town Corals

I went to pick up a clam from Albert and he also got in a Midas Blenny that I have been wanting for a while...here are a few pics of them a few hrs. after being home... alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt="">
  4. L

My New SRO-3000 Skimmer

I got my Super Reef Octopus 3000 Skimmer today. This thing is way bigger than I expected and I had to make a stand for it, I just used some left over 1 1/4 PVC, 4 1 1/4 Ts, a little bit of light defuser, and some zip ties. When I was trying to get the stand I just built, I pushed too much on my...
  5. L

Anemone vs. Kroalia

Ok yesterday my new 14" anemone decided to start moving around, sucks because he was in the perfect spot but...well while moving later last night he got stuck in a Koralia 4, there were tentacles everywhere in my tank. I thought for sure he was a goner but I turned off the Koralia and had to...
  6. L

What skimmer should I buy?

I have a 140g mixed reef with medium-high bioload which has a 55g sump/refugium. I am wanting to know what you guys and gals think would be the best skimmer for me to purchase brand new. I would like it to be rated around 200-250g and prefer external but I can make a internal work. I am leaning...
  7. L

Stupid Feather Dusters

Is there anything besides the Copper Banded Butterfly to get rid of the annoying little feather dusters taking over my tank? I bought a Copper Banded Butterfly to battle them but my Sailfin and Yellow Tang killed him before he could get to work. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!