Anemone vs. Kroalia

Ok yesterday my new 14" anemone decided to start moving around, sucks because he was in the perfect spot but...well while moving later last night he got stuck in a Koralia 4, there were tentacles everywhere in my tank. I thought for sure he was a goner but I turned off the Koralia and had to take the shroud off, upon taking it off I noticed I could not get him out of the shroud so I just left it on and left him alone. After several hours he still has not got out of the shroud from the Koralia, I was wondering if I should cut him out? Would it heal or would it kill him?
Here are some disturbing pics as he is now.

0001.jpg
alt="">

0002.jpg
alt="">

0003.jpg
alt="">

0004.jpg
alt="">

0005.jpg
alt="">

0006.jpg
alt="">

just let him work his way out, he should be fine as long as your water uality stays up. do be sure to get a water change in asap.

Here is a pic of the anemone as of today, looking 10 times better but still not coming all the way out.

s25spg.jpg
alt="">

334uki8.jpg
alt="">

and my temp. fix

bjeli8.jpg
alt="">

359l9j6.jpg
alt="">

I am sure he will after going through that twice.........guess he figured after trying to commit suicide twice and failing he might as well live a long life now [smilie=devil.gif]

Moved to forum. We had Anemone's get suck in pumps several times and had to cut them out. Most of the pieces grew into other animals.

Here is an update, the anemone finally moved back to where it was in the first place before getting torn to ever living hell...

6s5t9g.jpg
alt="">

2vlpauh.jpg
alt="">

2cqk21t.jpg
alt="">

izq4ac.jpg
alt="">

I put that same plastic grid cloth on a Seio M1100, and my RBTA sucked right through it anyway. They are just like jello. I ended up rubber banding some foam filter material around it.

David

Well I took that stuff off because it was collecting crap and when I turned them off to feed and then turned back on again it would blow that crap all over the tank. I figure if she gets in it again, it deserves to die.

I get a lot of detritus on the foam filter, so change it twice per week. But I have plans for a small tank just for the anemones where no pumps will be exposed, and so, I look forward to not having that dirty stuff in my display! But who can know when they will start drifting around?

David

Well, just when you think you have something fixed, you find out different! My other RBTA got up next to the Seio that I wrapped with foam, and stuck, somehow, several tentacles around the foam into the impeller. I turned it off, and she got out in 5 minutes, but I hate that she had to go through that! Apparently nothing works except NO PUMPS in the same tank with an anemone.

David

I got up this morning, and now have 3 anemones. The one that lost a few tentacles split.

David