Stupid Feather Dusters

Is there anything besides the Copper Banded Butterfly to get rid of the annoying little feather dusters taking over my tank?
I bought a Copper Banded Butterfly to battle them but my Sailfin and Yellow Tang killed him before he could get to work.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Are you talking about the little tiny feather dusters where the feathers on the head are about 3/8" across the top? If so, what harm do they do? I'm starting to see them in my tank and they don't bother me at all. What irritates me are the tiny tube worms that build a hard tube and put out a LONG slime string. Are they related? The tubes of each are about the same size.

Sorry no help, just wondering if I need to be more concerned about the ones I'm seeing if they are harmful in some way. I thought they were kinda cute. :)

Edit to say after seeing your pic and the fact it is a predator tank I guess kinda cute isn't the look you're going for. [smilie=lol.gif]

Assuming you can avoid being harmed by your livestock, you can rip them out in clusters.

That is what I am talking about but they multiply like crazy. If you are just starting out a tank and
you start to notice things growing in your tank, it is cool! Hell I remember about 20 yrs ago when I
had my first SW tank I thought this growth what I came to find out was apistatia was cute...lol

@Marc wrote:
Assuming you can avoid being harmed by your livestock said:
Come on man, I have seen pics of your tanks before and they are beautiful.
You can give me some better advice than that, I know you can.
There has to be something because I see so many people that don't have the problem
and don't have a Copper Banded Butterfly.

If its just a predator tank and it has no live corals or inverts and you dont ever plan on things like that, then dose it with copper...that should kill all low life forms lol. I just called Petco and thats what they told me to do and they know saltwater like nobody elses business haha

@luhring wrote:
[I]@Saltpro wrote:[/I][quote="If its just a predator tank and it has no live corals or inverts and you dont ever plan on things like that said:
No this is in my 140 reef tank"]

So its a predator reef tank then? I dont see any pics....i thought someone said something about pics of your tank

@Saltpro wrote:
So its a predator reef tank then? I dont see any pics....i thought someone said something about pics of your tank said:
LOL, No I have several tanks, here are some pics...

5ff3fp.jpg
alt="">

x443zs.jpg
alt="">

5xk0zo.jpg
alt="">

23rppfk.jpg
alt="">

Some think that microdusters explode in tanks that have a high level of nutrient's. They are found in a lot of different tank's with different environments so I'm not saying that I agree with that thought process but I will say that if you cut back on the amount of food available....that should be an effective way of stopping continued growth and can eventually reduce the total number you have. A sixline wrasse is also "supposed" to eat these but that could create another headach if you want to add other wrasse's down the road. Guess ya gotta pick your poison on that one. [smilie=lol.gif]

Cheers,