My Latest additions

Picked up a few fish today.
I got two Cleaner Wrasse, two Dispar Anthias, and a Moorish Idol,
(hopefully he gets along with everyone and eats)
They are acclimating in a bucket with a drip right now, will add to tank
after lights go out for the night. And I will update with pics of them
in the tank tomorrow.

WayneFish001.jpg
alt="">

Please keep us posted on how the moorish idol does. It's the only fish my wife has ever specifically asked about but I've never gotten one because I've always heard they're impossible to keep in captivity.

The only time I successfully kept Moorish Idols -- I raised them in a group (2 or 3) along with several yellow tangs. They all schooled together, ate and were happy.

Moorish idols are nippers -- on corals and polyps (better in a fish only tank - I think) so watch him if you added him to a reef tank.

@luhring wrote:
I will said:
I have heard that also however I have never seen one in any of the tanks I have seen thruout the US, Asia or in Europe. Good luck, they are beautiful fish.

Cheers,

What do cleaner wrasses eat in captivity? I thought they had to have a good supply of parasites to chew on...

I have a Regal Tang with a few spots, that is the only reason I got them and they are cool to watch even if short lived.
They may accept substitute foods such as chopped seafoods, brine shrimp, and live black worms. Mine have already
eaten some brine shrimp.

Another issue I've heard about Moorish Idols is their tendency to incite rebellion among the other inhabitants of your tank.

@ReefNut2010 wrote:
They are indeed very difficult to keep. That's why you don't see many tanks housing them. said:
And why you shouldn't see stores carry them

@luhring wrote:
God you gotta love controversy! said:
Controversy...why do you think that??? For me and for probably others, it's more curiosity as far as how the fish will do. We have a lot of members and guest that visit the site, they all have fish in their tanks so you would think at least a couple of people would have been able to keep one of these alive. These are beautiful fish, I know I was almost convinced to buy a pair of these a few years ago but the research changed my mind. I do hope you have success with your purchase.

Cheers,

He is doing fine so far, and ate a little flake and some brine shrimp. Also the cleaner wrasses are eating flake.
I know it is hard to keep but that is why I wanted to try. It is worth the $25 I spent because at least I care,
and I am gonna try my damnedest to keep him going strong, some people buy hard fish and they don't
get that chance, or better yet the LFS doesn't try and it dies, you would think the LFS would stop buying
them but they won't since they profits are there. Is it a very difficult fish to keep? Yes it is but I think all
fish were considered hard to keep at one time. I promise I am gonna do everything I can for him to be successful!

cool fish I've always wanted one but I still won't order one for my tank at home because I hate seeing them dead at the bottom of the tank but I'll be watching your post and hope it makes it ... good looking fish either way