Search results

1. B

Alph cone , RO calcium reactor , ATI 60" T5 and other stuff.

*Vertex Alpha 250 Cone Skimmer $400. Red dragon pump motor replaced about 3 years ago. With red dragon parts.??PRICE DROP<br style="margin: 0px;padding: 0px" />*Korallin Zucht 2L zeovit reactor. $300 These have an opposing magnet in the bottome so the canister levitates. Makes it easier for...
  2. B

Sick Naso from Red Planaria

I did a Flatworm exit treatment two days ago and my Naso looks like he's dying. His eyes are glazed over and skin does not look good. He is staying in the same spot most of the time and not eating. He has turned a very dark black vs. his normal grey. I did a series of Flatworm exit treatments...
  3. B

Anyone having issues with city water lately?

Not sure if it's my RO unit or city water. I recently replaced all filters /resin on a 6 stage chloramine unit. The water is coming out super slow. The Chlorplus carbon block turned Brown pretty fast. Within making one trash can of water. A week later a new sediment filter is turning brown...
  4. B

West Plano ..help me out with a PO4 check. Free zoas

Anyone nearby available so I can check my PO4 checker against yours? I just got a phos 736 checker that keeps giving me different readings. I have 3sps going downhill so I would like to double check it. I keep getting zero a lot. First two checks were way up there around 7. I live near...
  5. B

Ordering from Planet.

Do you guys know if it's cheaper at some LFstores to order from Planet than others? I live near DNA. Brian
  6. B

Acrylic tank DIY question

I have limited space where I want to build a water change station. I want to put a tank to hold salt water that is about 30x30x 24 tall. I know 1/4 " thick acrylic is too thin for an aquarium but what about for just water changes? Probably just hold water for a day at a time.
  7. B

Removing center brace

Hi all! Fellow reefer Newbiefish was telling me that someone can come in my house and remove center brace while tank is up and running.. and also add eurobracing and probably some thinner center braces. I was wondering what company can do that? I have a giant center brace that is bugging me. I...
  8. B

DNAs aussie anemones

Anyone ever hear or know of someone getting one of Johns Aussie anemone offspring? I've never seen him sell them in the store but surely that thing splits every now and then and it has to be uber expensive. I didn't think to ask him when I was there. It's at the top right of this photo. Too bad...
  9. B

Can someone near Plano update my RKE?

Just pulling my reef keeper elite v2 out of storage. It's still on V1 software so I need to send in the SID which could take a while. Any one around with an updated SID that could update it for me. I'm having a problem with it. Can't use it at all. It won't stay on so need to see if the...
  10. B

Brian Palmers 230 Rimless Tank Thread!

In the planning stage. 72X30X24 230.jpg 230-2.jpg Here's the plan. Mostly SPS. Doubt I'll be able to resist some LPS. DIY Stand.. probably wood. Bean Animal with internal Calfo Reef Octopus DC-5500 Return Pump Most flow from 3-4 Vortechs. Skimmer Undecided. Looking at Reef Octopus Skimmers...
  11. B

How do you add photos here?

Upload attachments. THen I'm just not getting the IMG thing.
  12. B

Best Plumbing store around W. Plano?

Just moved this way and my Home D. has a weak plumbing selection. The Lowes in Uptown had about everything. Any stores up this way that have a good selection? Looking for true union gate/ball valves. Bulkheads. Might save me a bunch of driving around. BTW the Elliots downtown went out of...
  13. B

Glass shop around Plano?

Need to get some glass cut to make a calfo overflow. I found Bedford glass online but wouldn't mind something similar closer.
  14. B

Changing my address

I looked under control panel / profile. I don't see where to change my address. I'm afraid DFWMAS will mail my member card to my old address.
  15. B

Changing my address

I looked under control panel / profile. I don't see where to change my address. I'm afraid DFWMAS will mail my member card to my old address.
  16. B

How much is your water bill?

Tank size? Water change: How often and how much water? Trying to decide my next tank. I had a 180 a few years ago but got free water at my condo. So now I'm in a house. $$$ (I did a search for water bill.. not much there)
  17. B

Regal tang scratching

He's only been with me two days. He scratches himself against rocks and swims horizontal against the sand to scratch his side. I does look like some sort of abrasions where he keeps doing this are starting to appear. He seems really happy otherwise. I'm new to the hobby any input would be...