How much is your water bill?

Blue Water

Membership Expired
Tank size?
Water change: How often and how much water?

Trying to decide my next tank. I had a 180 a few years ago but got free water at my condo. So now I'm in a house. $$$

(I did a search for water bill.. not much there)

usually over a $100 that includes sewer and trash. Plus i top off my swimming pool and water my lawn and foundation every day [smilie=devil.gif] i do a 30 gallon wc every ten days i just am starting to put rodi waste water to drain into the pool.

WIth no tank my water/sewer /trash bill was $90. I have a pool and it said only $20 for the water part. I don't run the sprinklers much but do have a bonsai collection and water the flowers in the back yard often. (Only two people)

added a 120g, 75g, 2x20g, 5x10g, 3x5g tanks over the past year - do about 60g of water change/top off per week water/trash/sewer bill went from 105 to 115. the salt mix, RO membranes/filters, PH buffers, and prime (for the freshwater tanks) costs much more than the water.

THanks guys. I was thinking it would be much more. I just gotta get a set up so I don't forget I'm making water. ;)

@Blue Water wrote:
THanks guys. I was thinking it would be much more. I just gotta get a set up so I don't forget I'm making water. ;) said:
If you reuse the waste water and not put it down the drain its not that bad.

@philuponthepho wrote:
$25 including sewage and stuff at a house but I live alone Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2 said:
That's hard to believe. I paid more than that when I live in S. Arlington just for the basic 3 and zero water use.

Ours is about $110 has been our highest bill and that includes trash service and sewer. We have a 450g, 150g, and now a 28g. We do 10% change in the 450 weekly and 20% on the 150.

Abt $60.00 in the winter and $120.00 in summer if we don't get rain. Includes sewer, trash and the new well the city put in. We have a pool and large inground spa that sucks water in this heat. We also water foundation and yard 2-3 times a week. The tank is the least of the water demands!

@kuyatwo wrote:
usually over a $100 that includes sewer and trash. Plus i top off my swimming pool and water my lawn and foundation every day [smilie=devil.gif] i do a 30 gallon wc every ten days i just am starting to put rodi waste water to drain into the pool. said:
Good thing you don't live in Frisco. They have people driving around at all hours and they will turn off your sprinkler system if you water on a non-watering day. Currently under stage 3 you can water once a week, though foundation watering is allowed at any time. I've read several posts from people thinking they wouldn't get caught by watering in the early mornings like 2 or 3am but they have people patrolling at that time. They also request that people turn in their neighbors if they see them watering.

As for the OP's question, I believe most water usage is done in 1000gal increments so your tank really isn't going to make a difference unless you normally are close to the next 1000 increment. If I remember correctly I'm charged for a minimum of 2000 gals and then for each 1000 gals over that. It was interesting that my wife and kids went to Belgium for 2 weeks last month and our water usage went down 3000 gals. My bill usually is around $80 and that includes sewage and trash. I also think we may be paying a higher price right now because we are in stage 3. That is a family of 5 with a couple of the kids thatbelieve a bath includes running the water until they run out of hot water. I have a 75gal and 30gal tank but all I do is top off. I do a 10% water change every 3 or 4 months.

I"ve been running a 215g for the past year, and my water bill averages $80 a month I'd say. Once I add the sprinklers, the bill jumps significantly. I'm only watering twice a week, so my lawn is alive, but not what I'd call lush. The bill was even higher at one point so I had to investigate every sprinkler head to find the source of the waste.

My waste water goes down the drain, it's just too much of a headache to re-use it. I tried to use it last summer, and ended up abandoning it.

I have a pool so in the summer I can see dumping my waste water into the pool. If nothing else dump it on the front lawn. Hehe.

@Blue Water wrote:
I have a pool so in the summer I can see dumping my waste water into the pool. If nothing else dump it on the front lawn. Hehe. said:
+1 I make 100 - 150 gallons of ro/di a month that's prob close to 200 to 300 gallons down the drain that I now put in my pool and I just started a summer/fall garden so I will be watering the garden now that pool season is coming to a close

@kuyatwo wrote:
[I]@Blue Water wrote:[/I][quote="I have a pool so in the summer I can see dumping my waste water into the pool. If nothing else dump it on the front lawn. Hehe. said:
+1 I make 100 - 150 gallons of ro/di a month that's prob close to 200 to 300 gallons down the drain that I now put in my pool and I just started a summer/fall garden so I will be watering the garden now that pool season is coming to a close"]

I would love to route my waste water to my pool, but the rodi unit is in the front of the house and the pool of course is in the back... Would be a pain to run a line, and carrying it 1 bucket at a time would be no fun either. I guess I'll continue with my current setup, which is the waste line going to the front flower bed, where it splits off and waters all my potted plants... Better than going down the drain I guess.

@Mike R wrote:
[I]@kuyatwo wrote:[/I][quote="[I]@Blue Water wrote:[/I][quote="I have a pool so in the summer I can see dumping my waste water into the pool. If nothing else dump it on the front lawn. Hehe. said:
+1 I make 100 - 150 gallons of ro/di a month that's prob close to 200 to 300 gallons down the drain that I now put in my pool and I just started a summer/fall garden so I will be watering the garden now that pool season is coming to a close"]

I would love to route my waste water to my pool, but the rodi unit is in the front of the house and the pool of course is in the back... Would be a pain to run a line, and carrying it 1 bucket at a time would be no fun either. I guess I'll continue with my current setup, which is the waste line going to the front flower bed, where it splits off and waters all my potted plants... Better than going down the drain I guess."]
I bought 50 ft of ro/di tubing to run for laundry room to pool that I roll up after I am done making water it's a hassle but I hope to see
my water and sewer bill go down next cycle as they are started the sewer bill estimate for next year before I started this

@Blue Water wrote:
[I]@philuponthepho wrote:[/I][quote="$25 including sewage and stuff at a house but I live alone Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2 said:
That's hard to believe. I paid more than that when I live in S. Arlington just for the basic 3 and zero water use."]

This month's $30 if you wanna see it [smilie=wink.gif]