Search results

1. O

For those who buy their sw - A cautionary tale

[Just wanted to post a friendly reminder after experiencing an "Oh my gosh, that would have been so bad" moment at a LFS today.. I buy my saltwater premixed.. I'm lazy, and a little paranoid, I admit it.. On the rare occasion that I make my own I grumble and worry the whole time.. One bucket of...
  2. O

Frogspawn - Houston, we have a problem

[Hey folks, Day before yesterday, I purchased a frogspawn.. It looked healthy in the store's tank, but when I got home from the shop I noticed that there were white "bits" floating around in the bag.. When I looked closer, the white bits looked like tissue and it was coming from the coral...
  3. O

Zoanthids - Websites

[Hey Folks, After looking around locally, I'm thinking I'd like to try and order some zoanthids online.. Other than zomania.com and thesea.org, what are some good online zoanthid vendors?? Also, if any of you have any nice polyps that you're wanting to sell frags of, I'm more than willing to...
  4. O

Tank tribble - Picture identification

[Hey Folks, I noticed this little thing growing on my topmost piece of liverock.. It was only tiny when I first sighted it, but now it's probably the size of a green grape.. I call it my Tank Tribble.. After doing a search on WWM for "black fuzzy ball" I found the name of something called a...
  5. O

Wandering bubbletip

[Out of curiosity, for those of you that have kept bubbletips (e. quadricolor), how long would you let one wander around the tank before you became concerned for it's well being?? I've just recently bought one, only two days in the tank, and I was only wondering as to what other aquarists have...
  6. O

250watt mag ballast - Wiring

[Hey folks, I'm currently eyeballing the MH ballast I got from Hellolights with a little trepidation.. The little diagram they have on the side of the ballast isn't quite doing it for me.. I was hoping that stuff would be color coded or something, and if it is, I'm not seeing it.. All the...
  7. O

Probe/pulse start

[I'm going to be upgrading the lights on my 100gal with MH soon and I've been looking around online for what would be needed.. I'm already way out of my league when it comes to electronic stuff anyway, so it's been a little confusing for me.. Hellolights.com is where I'm pretty sure I'll be...
  8. O

Curly ques

[I recently saw some of these curly que anemones for sale and was wondering if anybody kept them?? The research I've done on the internet says that they come from waters that tend to be muddy.. I can't help but like them though, even if they look like big aiptasias and I've seen them referred to...