Frogspawn - Houston, we have a problem

[Hey folks,

Day before yesterday, I purchased a frogspawn.. It looked healthy in the store's tank, but when I got home from the shop I noticed that there were white "bits" floating around in the bag.. When I looked closer, the white bits looked like tissue and it was coming from the coral heads.. I figured it was stressed from being bagged.. I should have called the shop, but I didn't.. I thought maybe if I got it acclimated and into the tank it would be okay..

Now, it's been two days and it hasn't opened.. There is more of this tissue like stuff coming from the heads.. I talked to someone at a LFS and he said that it sounded like the coral was trying to reproduce.. I don't think I believe that though.. The frogspawn looks horrible and I seriously think it's about to die..

I've been looking around online to try and figure out what's going on so I can DO something, but I can't find anything that sounds like what's happening.. I've run water tests and when those came back normal, went and bought new tests because I was afraid that since they are over a year old that they may not be reading correctly.. New tests, same result as the old tests.. Ammonia, nitrite at zero, nitrate at less than 5ppm, alk at 9dkh, calcium at 420.. Salinity is 1.025, pH is 8.2 and the temp runs at about 80*.. I have the coral placed midway in the tank under a small overhang so it's not receiving full light from the MH.. It puffed up a little bit today, but only the tiniest bit and then it pulled back in again..

Can someone please tell me what's going on with this guy?? I don't want to lose $60, but I seriously don't just want to let this thing die.. What can I do??]

[This coral doesn't like a lot of flow. It should be moving ever so gently, and if you get that right it should fluff up more.

Just a guess. The white specs could have been a stress-induced spawning, but it is hard to believe it would happen in a bag.]