Curly ques

[I recently saw some of these curly que anemones for sale and was wondering if anybody kept them?? The research I've done on the internet says that they come from waters that tend to be muddy.. I can't help but like them though, even if they look like big aiptasias and I've seen them referred to as such..

Also with it reproducing with pedal laceration, will it be as aggressive in my tank as common aiptasia?? I'm still fighting off the aiptasia that came in with an elongata that I got off eBay and really don't need to add something so much incredibly bigger to the tank if it's prone to becoming a pest..

Any thoughts/opinions??]

[Howdy!
Are you talking about the ones at FP in Fort Worth? You might want to ask Mr. Ly about them. I bought one once, and had trouble with it - it didn't stay long. Mr. Ly carries them once in awhile, but I have noticed that it is not often, and they are not in his tanks long - either sold or died? Seasonal? Go during the weekday, Mr. Ly will have more time to discuss :;):]

[Kitty, Yup, they were at FP but unfortunately Mr. Ly was pretty busy while I was there.. I talked to Cheryl and she helped me quite a bit, but I wanted to hear about experiences that other people had with them before I went back.. I'm sorry to hear that it didn't last long for you.. The information I've found online has mentioned that they don't last long in home aquaria unfortunately..

Mmiller40, beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;) I actually think they're quite pretty.. It's not about price, it's about the fact that I find them lovely and wouldn't mind having one in my tank if it were suitable..]

[Hi Oleta,

They are from the Carribean and are found in clear shallow waters where the reef meets the sand. They prefer a location that has current going by them. They usually have attendent shrimp(pistol and periclimenes) that live under and within their tentacles and are extremely hardy if fed frequently.

I used to collect these with the shrimp and sell them for a pretty good penny wholesale wise because I took the time to collect the whole kit and kaboodle! :eyebrows:

Good luck with yours!]