Search results

1. L

*SOLD* custom cube with Live Rock, Sand, Calcium Reactor, Sump, Protein Skimmers, LED Lights, Kalkreactor, HQI lighting and more PRICE DROP - $300

$300 for tank and all equipment - Need the entire setup gone by mid-August. Marineland 110-gallon custom glass "cube"- 4 drilled closed loop returns, 1 closed loop inlet. Overflow with 2 drains, and 2 returns drilled. It measures 33"w x 31d x 25"t. No leaks and is solidly built. Tank is...
  2. L

10-gallon drilled tank and old Petsmart acrylic display tank with built-in refugium

Been a long time since I’ve been on this board and in the hobby and I have to say the site looks great!  I’m giving away a 10-gallon glass tank I drilled top back and bottom back. It used to have an overflow in it but it’s gone. I also have an old Petsmart acrylic tank that I built an...
  3. L

Found a CO2 Exchange Place in McKinney

Looks like they have multiple locations http://www.fergusongases.com/Locations.htm but not sure if all of them do CO2 (probably do but I would call first). The one in McKinney only does exchanges for 5# and 20# but again, other locations might do something else. McKinney location: Ferguson...
  4. L

AquaController Jr. OSC Command

I want to set my kalkreactor mixing pump to run for 2 minutes every 3 hours. Rather than taking up several lines of programming, could I use the OSC command and if so, could anyone help with the code to use? Thanks, Lee
  5. L

107-gallon in-wall cube

I finally got around to resizing pictures of my 107-gallon custom cube I put in-wall. I bought this tank on the board from Greg (Methistina) and built the stand, knocked a hole in our living room and office walls and ran 2 dedicated 20A GFCI circuits. The tank contents of my old 100g were...
  6. L

Good Seahorse QT Setup For Sale

I posted this in the for sale forum but thought I would cross-post here since it is a good seahorse QT setup. http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?p=235887#235887 Thanks, Lee
  7. L

Sick Male Erectus

A couple months ago, our male Erectus had GBD that we successfully treated in quarantine with Diamox. We put him back in his tank with the female and in 3-4 weeks he started developing an internal bump on the side of his neck/head. Per the advice of some people on seahorse.org, I treated him...
  8. L

Gauging Interest in SMALL Group Buy at Brineshrimpdirect.com

I need to buy some Selco enrichement and a few other things so I thought I would check with you other seahorse folks to see if you all were interested in getting in on a combined buy since Selco is shipped via 2nd Day air. As far as the details of the buy, it would be open for only 2-3 days and...
  9. L

EuroReef Recirc Mod

I've been wanting to mod my 2+ year old EuroReef CS6-1 for a while and finally got around to it last weekend. It only took about 20 minutes and I am impressed with the results. I bought a Sedra 2500 with needlewheel and venturi (to be used as the recirculating pump - the original Sedra 3500 is...
  10. L

Chuck is a Chick - Pics to Prove It

Turns out our Peacock Mantis "Chuck" is actually a "she". A couple nights ago, I was horrified to see Chuck carrying around some spongy looking thing that was pretty close to his body color - it almost looked like he was turning inside out or something. Whatever it was, he was protecting that...
  11. L

Yes...we have more fry!

You know your seahorses are pregnant too often when you quit posting pictures of the fry. Here is a picture of our male, Spirit, in labor. This his 3rd delivery in 7 weeks! Proud Mom, Mystery, is peaking around the corner. There were about 30 surviving fry. We think the move to a new tank...
  12. L

New Home for the Adult Horses

My wife wanted to move the adult seahorses out of the kids' playroom to the living room so she could watch them more (especially since they are pretty much a fry factory now - male is pregnant again and we have a batch of 4-week olds and 2-week olds). We bought this 37-gallon Oceanic "cube"...
  13. L

Seahorse Reference Articles - Including Raising Fry, Food

I've had a few PMs asking about our routine on raising our H. Erectus fry. Shaunda and I are by no means experts (we've had less than 100 fry born in the past 2 weeks in 2 pregnancies), but we had been reading for several months in preparation for our adults and fry and even then, were taken by...
  14. L

Here We Go Again - 2 Weeks Later More Erectus Fry!

Well, one at least. Caught the little guy around 8PM tonight, but judging from the size of the Daddy, we'll have many more tonight or tomorrow. Stay tuned. The other fry we have are now 2 weeks old and we have 8 left that seem pretty strong. Lee
  15. L

Where to Buy Cyclop-eeze in Bar Form

Any LFS (preferably on the East side of DFW) you know of sell this in bar format? I called 2 stores in Plano and one in Dallas and all they sell is a "pump" version which I can't seem to find any information on (is it the same as the bar in the bag)? Thanks, Lee
  16. L

Had Erectus Fry Today! New Pics

We didn't even know we were expecting as we never saw any kind of courtship ritual and since they have been growing so fast since we picked them up from Carolyn (equinecpa), we did not think he was pregnant. We did not have bbs ready and were freaking out, but waterbeing (Doug and Joanna) gave...
  17. L

URGENT -Need Some Newly Hatched BBS in Plano/Allen/McKinney

Much to our surprise, our H. Erectus seahorses had babies today. They never exhibited any courtship rituals or anything that would indicate they were breeding, but nonetheless they had fry today. I bought some live adult brine shrimp at Exotic Aquatics at lunch and will try them when I get...
  18. L

Finished My 100-Gallon Move

After about 16 months of planning and building, I finally got my 65-gallon contents transferred to my 100-gallon. Here are some of the details and pictures (taken after I finished setting it up last night): - DIY Canopy and stand made out of maple and maple ply to match my kitchen cabinets -...
  19. L

Electrician in plano/allen/mckinney area? - Need to hire one

[I'm looking for a electrician recommendation in the Plano/Allen/McKinney area to run a couple of dedicated GFCI outlets near my tank and add a couple breakers to my panel about 20 feet away. Anyone know of anybody reasonable in my area (Allen)? I've done plenty of simple electrical hookups...
  20. L

Good deal on roiii 250 hqis? - Anyone dealt with custom aquatic?

[I'm looking to upgrade tanks to a 100G (approx. 60" x 18" x 20") and am looking to add 2x250 HQI lighting. I've done some research here and on RC and am looking at the Reef Optic 3 (2 pendants) and the Blue Wave VII (2x250 HQI ballast). Custom Aquatic can do it WITHOUT bulbs for $446 shipped...