107-gallon in-wall cube

I finally got around to resizing pictures of my 107-gallon custom cube I put in-wall. I bought this tank on the board from Greg (Methistina) and built the stand, knocked a hole in our living room and office walls and ran 2 dedicated 20A GFCI circuits.

The tank contents of my old 100g were transfered into this tank on Easter weekend. I still need to finish out the office side of the tank/stand, but for now, we just close the doors on the office to hide the guts of the system.

System specs:

- Approximately 32" x 32" x 24" custom glass tank drilled with 4 closed loop returns & one closed loop input. There are also 2 holes drilled for 2 drains and 2 return lines. I am using 1 return line as a dedicated drain to fuge.

- Closed loop is running an Ocean Runner 6500 through an Oceansmotions Super Squirt.

- Return is a Ocean Runner 3500 (sumberged) that is teed off to feed the ozone reactor and eventually calcium reactor.

- Red Sea Aqua Zone 50 Plus Ozonizer with Coralife ozone reactor.

- Euro-Reef CS6-1 protein skimmer modded to ad a Sedra 2500 needlewheel recirc pump.

- Trigger Systems TS30BR sump/refugium.

- Phosban reactor

- Phosban reactor running carbon from ozone reactor return.

- Ranco temperature controller

- 2 x 250w ROIII DE pendants and 2 x 24W T-5 actinics

Here's some pics.

some equipment - Notice the kalk stalagmites in the drain section of the sump. I've since moved the kalk output to a part of the sump with higher flow. Still need to clean up the stalagmites.

Lee,

Wow, you all have done a nice job with that. That clam is large enough now to be a safety hazard too (j/k), so don't get too near it. :shock: . Very nice.

Doug

Thanks for the compliments all. I am contemplating selling the gold gigas as it is getting too big. It's probably about 10" wide and was less than half that size when I got it 3-4 years ago. I would hate to part with it, but it really is needing a larger tank.

Lee

Looks very nice. Without the clam, where would your large clownfish go? I don't think the clownfish left the clam the entire time I was over your place.... Thanks for sharing the pictures, everything looks great.

Thanks, Charlie. I think the clown would have to go back to hosting in the frogspawn. That goofy clown has not ever hosted in any kind of anemone I have put in there, including a bubbletip. Charlie, how's your setup going?

Lee

I need to post some updated pics now that I have done some rearranging but wanted to post a picture of my new blue Linkia Star I picked up at Plano Pets yesterday.