Gauging Interest in SMALL Group Buy at Brineshrimpdirect.com

I need to buy some Selco enrichement and a few other things so I thought I would check with you other seahorse folks to see if you all were interested in getting in on a combined buy since Selco is shipped via 2nd Day air. As far as the details of the buy, it would be open for only 2-3 days and pick up would be in Allen. I will front the cost of the buy and accept cash on pickup. Please post here as I will probably posting in Group Buy forum on Monday and placing order by Wednesday of next week.

Thanks,

Lee

Lee,
I've been meaning to order some more selco and other flake foods. I'll be glad to share the order with you. Let me check sizes,products again and see what else we are out of. Thanks

Doug
---- edit to add products.

Qty # Price@ Description
1 MY2Z - 5.95
<hr class="bbcode_rule" />
2oz Freeze Dried Mysis
1 KS4Z - 7.95
4oz Freeze Dried Superba Krill
1 GRP2Z- 4.25
2oz Garlic Plus Flake
1 SPF2Z - 3.95
2oz Spirulina & Kelp Flake
2 TB125 - 13.95@---125ml Tahitian Blend Reef Formula
1 SSEL35- 6.95
35ml Super Selco PE Bottle
1 SEL125- 11.95
125ml Selco PE Bottle
68.90 + shipping
sending a PM also
Doug

Hatchery Dish - Item: DISH - $14.95

Yeah, I know it looks like a waste of $$, but I have to see what this does!

Frank

Doug - Sounds good.

Frank - With the "meth lab" bbs hatchery we have set up now, I am tempted to try out the dish myself.

Lee

The bubbling noise in the upside down bottle forest doesn't bother anyone else in the family but it drives me nuts.

If this thing works - and is silent - I'll be replacing the whole mess with a couple of shelves full of these.

Will let you know how it works if you want to hold off on getting one. If it works I will be placing another order for 2 - 4 more and can add you (and others) in as well.

i used the hatchery dish to kinda in between brewing in the soda bottle. It works if you only need few bbs. I think each time I can get about 2 to 3 days bs.
william

Tung,

According to their site: "New convenient package sizes: flat packs and cubes. Choose Next-Day or 2nd-Day shipping!!!" I would do so at your own risk as the last time I ordered Selco via 2-day, the cold pack it was shipped with was thawed and the Selco was not very cold. If you decide to order frozen food on this order, I recommend you contact the company (1-800-303-7914) to ask how it is shipped to keep it frozen for 2 days.

Thanks,

Lee

I've played around a little with combining Doug's order, my order and Frank's order (Tung, I did not add yours as I did not see a response regarding the frozen mysis) and it does not appear that we will save a lot by opening this up to a larger group buy so I will probably just leave it at the 3 or 4 of us on the order. I've exchanged PMs with Doug so if Frank and Tung are interested, please post here by 5PM tomorrow so I can place the order.

Thanks,

Lee

Lee,

I just got a reply back from them during lunch today, and they think it is ok to ship by 2nd day air.

Could you add me in for a
FMC3-Frozen Mysis Shrimp Cubes-3 boxes-24.00
This should last me a year.

Thanks,
Tung

Frank and Tung,

Will do. I'll put together a mock order tonight and send you PMs showing your totals. If you agree to the amounts tonight, I will order tonight. As far as shipping, I was going to work it like I have seen on group buys as I feel that is fair to all involved - I will take your percentage of the total order and apply the same total to the shipping amount. Sound good?

Thanks,

Lee

Should have checked sooner but if it is possible to add to the list there are other items I need to order.

I've been wanting to experiment with making something similar to reef chili - way less than half price done this way though.

SPP2.5 Spirulina Powder - 2.95
COP2Z Freeze Dried Copepods - 6.95
BS2Z Freeze Dried Brine Shrimp - 5.25
MY2Z Freeze Dried Mysis - 5.25
DA2Z Dried Daphnia 5.25
ROT2Z Freeze Dried Rotifers - 6.95
DISH Hatchery 14.95

Total 47.55 + shipping

Thanks

Frank,

I was running through the numbers again and since you don't have anything that requires 2-day shipping, you are going to pay almost 3x the shipping cost ($18+ versus less than $8.00) if you want to get in on our buy. You are welcome to stay in on this, but it will be cheaper to order yourself. Your call. Just let me know what you want to do so I can place the order.

Thanks,

Lee

I ran the shipping number at knew it was about $6 more but wasn't too worried ( $13.40 vs $7.76 when I ran the ship check earlier).

But, I will go ahead a place mine separate if the figure is that much different. Pays for 2 of the bottles I am ordering.

I can run a 2nd order for normal ship items if anyone else has stuff which doesn't require 2nd day and would rather save the $$.

I will hold off on placing my order 'til late tomorrow. If anyone in the buy wants to move something, let me know.

Frank,

I'll hold off on mine then. The shipping difference for you was closer to +$11 or 12 once I added my stuff to the order. I'll wait to see if Doug wants to add his drygoods to your order.

Thanks,

Lee

I'm ok with which ever way we go. If we make 2 orders... 1 dry good and 1 refrigerated/frozen that would be OK. If we just keep my dry good with the original order, that's ok too. Just make it the easiest on everyone. :)

Doug