Recent content by TheFatBoy

1. T

SPS + PC = ?

My new 15g is up and running. It has 130w of power compacts, and is only 12 inches deep. What are some of the easier SPS you would recommend trying out?
  2. T

Black Shrimp?

My friend has a strange black shrimp in his aquarium. He says it is moving around quickly. I have him trying to get a picture. Is it a mantis?
  3. T

Wood Gurus

Anyone willing to throw me together a barebones 30x12 canopy? I just want a box. I could do it, but I dont have the room for a table saw. Of course I can pay, or trade, or trade services. Let me know!
  4. T

ID this mushroom please

i have a red one like that with blue bumpies
  5. T

Biodiversity Banking?

What do you guys think about having a biodiversity bank? My initial desire was to collect sand and rubble from people's aquariums for my own personal bacterial benefit. But what if we had a biodiversity bank for members? Members could get a cup of sand and rubble to kickstart their tanks, and...
  6. T

High Calcium?

I dont have much of a test kit (API Master). It says my salinity is at 500. My dkh is 13 My nitrates are right around 10. Is my calcium being so high a real bad thing? I havent dosed it in a long time...
  7. T

Aqua Traders?

Their stuff is super cheap... is it halfway decent like Jebo low price but ok value, or is it total garbage?
  8. T

Cloudy Water?

Came home tonight to find the aquarium cloudy... ive seen it happen in fresh water before, but not in my reef. Whats up?
  9. T

LED - Lame ... Lumens, Watts... Confused I am...

OK. I have been reading some of your LED stuff, but I do not have an engineering degree, so I am in way over my head. How does lumens equate to watts? I guess it doesnt, and comparing the two is a way to show the efficiency of a light source. So when someone says their LED makes 100 lumens...
  10. T

Is this sexy?

I think it is... blue-grey xenia... daddy want... alt="">
  11. T

Cycling new tank... cyano carpet time!

I've set up a new tank in the office. I still dont know exactly what I am going to do with it. Every time I do a water change on my tank at home, I put the dirty water in the new tank. I figure this is helping my cycle go faster as well. Last time, I even sucked up some cyanobacteria, and it...
  12. T

My 46 at 6 months...

Enjoy! Thanks again to FrankTheTank for the great deal... FTS alt=""> Kenya and Feather Duster alt=""> Little yellow damsel alt=""> Jade Torch alt=""> Assorted stuff alt=""> Frogspawn, with a Domino alt=""> some sort of mushroom alt=""> Zoas alt=""> Xenia! alt=""> I'm going...
  13. T

Honeymoon Blues - What to do with Aquarium?

I'm getting married next Saturday... how can I possibly leave my aquarium alone for a week? I dont have an ATO. I only have one fish, so food shouldnt be too bad... Any ideas?
  14. T

My 46g at 4 months

Alright. I redid the aquascaping the other day. Tell me what you think. Its a 46g bowfront. The FTS alt=""> Jade Torch alt=""> Frogspawn alt=""> GSP frags alt=""> Clamshell au polyps alt=""> This was two polyps, and cost me $1 alt=""> Random alt="">
  15. T

DIY Bakpak Fuge

This looks really nice.... http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12402&PID=115853 But I was thinking I would want to make it as wide as my display, 36". If I was using the 1" schedule 80 pvc as the HOB/Intake/Return would it be able to hold the weight? Also, would 1/4" pvc...