Recent content by satyra

1. S

Clam flipping over?

I posted this on the facebook group for this website, but ill post here as well. Hopefully this post isnt too long... THis little guy has been in my tank for a week or two, did fine for the first few days, except maybe looking a little stressed (a little gaping maybe), but i didnt worry cause he...
  2. S

thank you algae trough!

Prob one of the best ideas ive decided to put to use when it comes to the tank. Saw a pic of one from another forum, had all the materials already laying around, and decided to try it out. It stays hidden from view, takes up virtually no extra space, and requires very little maint on my part...
  3. S

BRS Mg 2 part Q

I hear alot of you guys saying you use the brs dosing stuff....for those of you who use their magnesium 2 part, do you need both parts? From the product descriptions, it kinda sounds like it might be optional. Is there a better/easier product that is one part? Ive never had to dose mg before...
  4. S

Tempered or not?

I really want to drill one of my tanks, but can't figure out if it's tempered or not. We tried the lighter thing, and the looking at your hand method, but I don't think they are reliable. Anyone know of another method, that obviously does not involve breaking the glass with a hammer? If it...
  5. S

Green nepthia

Is this coral really extinct in the wild? There seems to be alot of argument about the topic. I just bought a small aqua cultured frag at the lfs. Any one here have some they can show off? Didn't seem to be common, its too bad its a super pretty coral.
  6. S

Cool inverts and fish?

I'm trying to decide if I want to add any more stuff to my tank. If I do, I want something different that most people don't have. I saw a super cool sea apple in a lfs one time, don't know if it would live happily in my tank though. strange creatures like that is what I'd like to put in my tank...
  7. S

Coralife turbosea 740p

Anyone know where you can buy replacement parts for this pump? Only thing we can find is the impeller, but that's not the part we need. We sent out emails to the company who makes this pump and searched online with no luck, so I was hoping someone on here might know. Thanks!
  8. S

Anyone ever used the "mojano wand"

You mean like the zapper?
  9. S

Alk question

I have a question about alkalinity in one of my tanks. I've been fighting with it for about 2 mo now, maybe slightly longer. It has been trying to stay at 6-7dkh. I tried 2 different alk supplements and doing lots of frequent partial water changes to bring it up, which did not raise the alk...
  10. S

Show your duncans!

Who all has duncans, lets see em! i just got this frag a few days ago, ive never seen one in person. the subtle colors and the way it still glows under the actinics is gorgeous! they opened up right away, and boy can they shovel down the food! [smilie=surprised.gif] then they open back up...
  11. S

Par readings and coral preferences?

What are you guys using to read par in your tanks? The devices we mostly found were around 3k! The other one we saw was affordable, but doesn't seem too accurate according to the husband. I ask because my lighting system is a dimmable led system from rapidled. I was given a link from another...
  12. S

Oh no!!! My poor urchin!

We have a black urchin that came in on some lr in my smaller reef tank, I think he's a pincushion. Any how, he's never given me any probs but just now I found him and it looks like he was I'm an accident! It looks like a ton of his spines were broken off somehow. My water parameters have not...
  13. S

Some nem shots

112311163002-1.jpg 112311163002-1.jpg took some phone pics of my rbta and green tipped condy nems, hope y'all enjoy!
  14. S

What is your tank raised clownfish like?

I bought a black t/r occelaris several weeks ago for my smaller tank.....is he a weirdo or is this normal behavior for a t/r clownfish? He sticks to the left, upper side of the tank and thats it. He swims around up there, but never goes near the live rock or the rtba we have. he also doesn't...
  15. S

coral that likes alot of flow?

i have 2 rocks in my reef tank that get alot of flow due to where the powerhead and all the stuff is in the tank. i got some gsp for one rock, but was wondering if there was something else that liked alot of flow? i love the gsp, but i dont really wanna have two big rocks full of gsp once they...