BRS Mg 2 part Q

I hear alot of you guys saying you use the brs dosing stuff....for those of you who use their magnesium 2 part, do you need both parts? From the product descriptions, it kinda sounds like it might be optional. Is there a better/easier product that is one part? Ive never had to dose mg before but discovered today my mg was pretty low.

Yes you need both parts they sell packs that have them already combined but is cheaper to buy them separately

Mike

Yeah i bought the BRS kit and it came with two large tubs of MgCl and MgSO4 and you combine them in the convenient pump topped gallon jug. Need DI water to mix it with.

I use BRS Calcium and Soda Ash, but I'm using Tech M for Magnesium. I had bought a huge amount of Tech M before I switched to BRS.

Just a note on mixing the BRS stuff. I found it is easier to mix it in a separate container so that everything dissolves and then I transfer it to the gallon dispenser jug. I have an old MJ1000 that has been dedicated to mixing supplements and I just rinse it out well whenever I am done using it. Beats shaking a jug for a long time waiting for stuff to dissolve.

our lfs is out of all mg supplements, looks like ill be driving to austin to hopefully find something. I had no idea my mg was so low, i havent checked it since everything looks great. If we dont find anything down there guess ill try the brs kit.

64oz Kent Tech-M $22 and some change with shipping through Amazon if you do not find anything at the LFS down there.

@MBSL55 wrote:
Just a note on mixing the BRS stuff. I found it is easier to mix it in a separate container so that everything dissolves and then I transfer it to the gallon dispenser jug. I have an old MJ1000 that has been dedicated to mixing supplements and I just rinse it out well whenever I am done using it. Beats shaking a jug for a long time waiting for stuff to dissolve. said:
Yeah I wait for my wife to put the bath water in the jacuzzi tub and set it in there. Heats up the solution for some quick dissolving!

Lol my little sink will have to sustitute for a jucuzzi if we get the brs stuff :(

Lance thanks for the tip, amazon has some amazing deals on fish items, usually i can find stuff close to half off lfs prices :D

Satyra, River City Aquatics usually has a good range of supplements. If they're out try Aquatek, prices are higher but they're almost always stocked up. Both stores are great about telling you what they have over the phone so you can call ahead and know where you're going. Aqua Dome would have it for sure but that's an extra 30+ min drive from RCA.

I hate to say it but you might try PetCo, they sometimes have the Kent supplements.

nooo not the dreaded petco! LOL we have one here, but i dont even wanna walk in there. I went there to check out the fish meds they had, NOTHING at all, except some weird herbal stuff that im about 99% sure wont work. But....they do have the NLS, Ocean Nutrition and Omega one foods though, i guess it might be worth checking out after all :/ Ive only been to River City once, but i didnt even check out the supplements, i only checked out the livestock. Ive heard some good things about Aquatek and was wanting to check them out. Never been to Aqua Dome either. Im used to going to DFW for my stuff, if you cant tell [smilie=worried.gif] Thanks for the tips!

Well got back from austin a while ago, we had fun :) picked up a bottle of seachem mg, and a few corals to put in my bigger tank. I got a small frag of some type of plating sps, no cclue what it is but its pretty. Tomorrow ill try post a pic and hopefully someone here will know what it is.

Well got back from austin a while ago, we had fun :) picked up a bottle of seachem mg, and a few corals to put in my bigger tank. I got a small frag of some type of plating sps, no cclue what it is but its pretty. Tomorrow ill try post a pic and hopefully someone here will know what it is.