Recent content by RyanM

1. R

Glass Shop Info

Does anyone know of a reliable and cost effective glass shop in the Dallas or N. Dallas area? I need some baffles cut for a new sump.
  2. R

Rebuild: 180 Gallon Reef - Room Divider

Just to give you a little history about what is going on here; I started in the hobby about 24 months ago and have been heavily consumed with the possibilities since. This is my 4th system and I have finally settled on this particular size and location within the home. This system sits in my...
  3. R

Orange Peel Pseudochromis Eggs - FREE (EGGS HATCHED on 9/25)

Guys and Gals, I have had a pair of these fish for the last 6 months or so and they are finally mating and producing eggs. I am not knowledgeable on breeding livestock yet, but wanted to give someone the opportunity to take some eggs to see if they can be successful at growing them out. The...
  4. R

Interesting Hobby Related Resource

I just came across this recently and thought is might be helpful: http://www.bluezooradio.com/ You can download past shows as well. This would be great to listed to while exercising.
  5. R

Question: Maxi-Jet Mod w/ Sure Flow 1600 kit & Wavemaker

Hello! I need some help. I am trying out a few moded MJ1200s with a Red Sea Wavemaker to see if this is something that makes sense for me right now. I have reviewed both postive and negative feedback on different sites. The constant rattting on startup will ovbiously not work. I can't seem...
  6. R

Mandarian Issue

I have a beauitful and mature mandarian that I put in my tank about 1 month ago, but now he's starting to get very skinny. I am getting a little worried that he's going to starve to death. I have plenty of mature rock with lots of Pods that come out at night. When I turn the lights out the...
  7. R

ID this please.

Is this a ricordea of some sort? Also, I had a NEM get caught in a powerhead and most of it was ground up. This appeared the very next day. Can that happen? NEM is now M.I.A....
  8. R

Fuge Lighting Question

Will any 6500K bulb work for fuge lighting? They are selling these at Home Depot and wonder if those will work fine.
  9. R

Frankenstein Sump/Fuge

I need some advice. All constructive criticism is appreciated... Is this a "Nightmare of Elm Street" or what? This will be going under my 150 w/ dual overflow. It's an old 55 gallon Oceanic. I am obviously thinking to have it drain into my fuge or fuge/skimmer section. The fuge is about 15...
  10. R

Baking rock

Guys and Gals, I have purchased some tonga rock from an individual that is getting out of the hobby. His tank crashed due to something strange he indicated - not really sure. I have about 50 lbs. of this rock that he had mosty dried out in a plastic container and need to know how I should...
  11. R

Anyone own this gadget?

http://aquaripure.com/index.htm Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
  12. R

Nitrates w/ Wet/Dry

I need some advise - PLEASE. I have a 110 gallon reef tank that I just recently purcahsed from an individual that was establised for about 1.5 years. It has a Sealife Wet/Dry rated for a 125 gallon. I have a coralife super skimmer rated at 220 gallons - I don't really know how well this is...
  13. R

Zoa and lighting question.

I think I have seem some specifics somewhere about this, but my brain just can't seem to to have the capacity for all that I have throw in there over the past few weeks. I have recently purchased a complete system from an individual that was established for almost 2 years. These were stuffed...
  14. R

ID this coral PLEASE.

I need to know what this is and some care suggestions for this. I just started to see it open up a little, but need some assistance on what to feed this little one. Sorry for the bad pic, but hopefully it will work. Thanks!!!
  15. R

What the heck is this???

Can someone tell me what this is? I purchased this tank from someone with a few corals in it that seemed to be dead. I have been "babying" the heck out of this for the past several days and it seems that things are starting to come alive... You can't see it on this picture, but there seems to...