Question: Maxi-Jet Mod w/ Sure Flow 1600 kit & Wavemaker

Hello!

I need some help.

I am trying out a few moded MJ1200s with a Red Sea Wavemaker to see if this is something that makes sense for me right now.

I have reviewed both postive and negative feedback on different sites.

The constant rattting on startup will ovbiously not work. I can't seem to find if there has been anyone that has successfully gotten this rattling to stop by moding the impeller with tubing or epoxy.

Does anyone have any insight that might be helpful to me so I can solve this problem?

These thinks put out insane flow and are incredibly affordable. If I could just get this impeller to start without making any noise while operating with the wavemaker it would be great.

Please help.

Not too much you can do on the RedSea Wavemaker, they have a very short cycle time and no real way to lenghten it. I use my moded Maxijets on a Chauvet SF-4005. Its time can be adjusted from a few seconds to 6 minute cycles with four plugs for pumps( two on two off). They still rattle when they start but it only does it when it cycles on and I use a long time for each cycle( about 4 minutes). They are a lot cheaper than the Wavemaker also. I have two of them if you are interested(RedSea). :lol:

HAve been using sureflow on 90 min on 20 min of intervals. A lil bit of rattling but has been working for last week. Had two of the eco-mods for a shoret while. Had to manually reset propeller each time after unit turned off. Have heard sureflow will break after 6 months using the the very short interval.