Frankenstein Sump/Fuge

I need some advice. All constructive criticism is appreciated...

Is this a "Nightmare of Elm Street" or what?

This will be going under my 150 w/ dual overflow. It's an old 55 gallon Oceanic.

I am obviously thinking to have it drain into my fuge or fuge/skimmer section. The fuge is about 15 gallons. The top V section is a little experimental/creative thinking put into play and will be interesting to see how it performs. I was going to put a few medium pieces of live rock that would be totally submerged into that V section to break up and slow down to flow/force going into the fuge. It should create a little swirl and cause the flow to be completely filtered though the cheto or algae. I am planning to go with a DSB of 6 inches as well.

Ok two main questions:
First, does this concept make sense? I have seen sumps setup many different ways, but I am not sure if there would be more water flow than advised through the fuge with this current configuration. Should I consider having on drain into the fuge and one into the skimmer section or just all in the fuge? I could have gone many different ways and hindsight is always 20/20, but can this function properly?

Second, I need to get some feedback on plumbing. Since I have the dual overflow, what make sense under the tank?

Thanks in advance for your help!

If you put both tank drain returns to the fug section you may have too high a flow for it. I suggest you split the tank returns between the fuge and the skimmer section. I also suggest on your pump return you put valves and a header to allow you to split the flow return so you can regulate the return to the tank. You can also use the header to drive reactors for carbon, phosban, etc. See you tomorrow for the fish pick up. :D

My main concern with your layout is having the skimmer come after your fuge. Ideally you want your fuge to drain directly into your return compartment so microfauna etc. gets sent into the display. The skimmer will remove some of those creatures. It's not huge problem but I think your system would be more efficient with the skimmer in your first compartment/drain or your return in the central compartment and your skimmer on the far left or right and fuge in the other compartment with your drain split between the two.

I don't think the skimmer would fit, but I agree, swap the skimmer and return pump.

Have the fuge drain directly into the return section. Split the returns, most flow going to the skiimer section, and little flow going to the fuge.