Recent content by psteeleb

1. P

Afro Astraea

yes I know I have some algae in my 29g - but this had to be posted afro Astraea.jpg
  2. P

Pete's Plumbing Your Reef thread

This thread will start with the presentation material I used for the October 2012 club meeting. Feel free to ask you questions here, and I'll do my best to answer them. This way everyone can learn from our collective experiences reef pipe_Page_01.jpg reef pipe_Page_02.jpg reef pipe_Page_03.jpg
  3. P

The Ledge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMbI5TV9lyU
  4. P

Chillin

Chillin under the blue moon on my Pandora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD6hK3-zKG8&feature=player_embedded
  5. P

keyhole limpets spawning

happened to catch this tonight sorry - not the best video as it was dark and I wanted to catch them in the act http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA7E4w0hDIQ
  6. P

Avast Skimmer kit build

A couple people have asked about it so I thought I'd share my experiance with the Avast Skimmer kit I did have to slightly modify the skimmer's base ring to fit inside my 8.5" wide sump section so you will see some changes accordingly It was delivered three days oafter I placed the order. So...
  7. P

mandarin goby not doing well

I've had the female mandarin goby for 6 months and she always eats well and has grown to twice her original size 2 days ago she was sitting on the bottom not moving much and breathing heavy - no other external signs of injury . The male is perfectly normal, with no known issues yesterday...
  8. P

where to buy nori?

Anyone know of an Asian market where I can pick up some nori? Preferably on the north side of Ft Worth (Keller, NRH, Hurst area)
  9. P

sunset monte morph

Here is a video of a nice color morph to my already nice looking sunset monte I've been fighting off some bryopsis by reducing my main light schedule from 9 hours to 5 hours and increased my Mg level to over 1600, and suspect these two changes have something to do with the morph. I've...
  10. P

Pete's 29 gallon

Just thought I put my 29 gallon tank up on the board It has a HOB skimmer, a false back made of eggrate to create a in tank refugium and T5 lighting. I also use a HOB filter but just with carbon. I've never tested the water and do water 10-15% changes about once every 2-3 weeks the clowns in...
  11. P

Ca media question

I dont' see how it would as it's a pretty stable mineral
  12. P

Pete's 110 build

Finally after 6 months I hope to be back with a reef tank. Even though my 29g is technically a reef with LPS and softies it just isn't the same as my old 300. One of these days I plan on setting up another 300+ but decided to with go something smaller for now. The tank is a used 110 RR...
  13. P

it's that time of year for everyone to post a full tank shot

Let’s see them - I'll try to get a good picture tomorrow and update with mine
  14. P

SPS growth pics for about 3 weeks

the GH aqua delight has really started to take off in the past week or so alt=""> Nov 19th (taken at a slightly different angle) alt=""> it only seems like only a couple weeks ago that the blob had only two maybe three polyps on each branch. alt=""> Nov 19th alt="">[/IMG] these new light...
  15. P

a few top downs

with new bulbs installed for a couple days now, and running Kalc that increased and stabilized both Ph and Alk for about 3 weeks now, my SPS are looking nice here are a few top downs I took tonight and last night lighting is 3 250w 12k Reflux on Lumatek ballasts and 2 165w actinic VHO's here...